Chapter 14

Sunset is up to something; Branch asks Poppy a serious question as they grow closer to each other...

Branch was nervous. Sunset was out but he was being nice to him.

''Hey Branch, how are you doing?'' Asked Sunset who came over to him and Ryan who were playing cards.

The two looked at each other as Ryan raised an eyebrow and Branch kept a grim face.

''Um fine I guess.'' He said not taking his eyes off of Sunset.

''Oh, I see so has anything been happening since I was gone?'' He asked sitting next to Branch making him uncomfortable.

''No.'' Branch said.

''What do you want Sunset?'' Ryan asked glaring at the bigger troll.

''Nothing just talking gee what happened you two become friends since you share a cell?'' He asked questioningly.

''Yeah, nothing wrong with that.'' Ryan said.

Since Sunset was gone they moved Ryan to share a cell with Branch since they didn't trust Sunset around Branch.

''Alright I know when I'm not wanted.'' Sunset said standing up and walking away.

''Watch out Branch, he's up to something.'' Ryan said.

''I know that is what worries me.'' Branch was shaking a bit nervous.

''Don't worry actually you're considered a brave, stupid hero to most.'' Ryan said quietly.

''Why? Because you stood up Sunset and got him out of here believe it or not everyone is scared of him but now they kind of fear you. But us who are all in therapy we see you as a great hero, you saved our beloved therapist Poppy and that means a lot to us.'' Ryan said smiling at him.

Branch smiles a bit. ''I only did what any troll should do.'' Branch said.

''Well you certainly have the wardens approval, they are as pushy with you as the rest of us.'' He said as they finished the game.

''Want to play another round?'' Asked Ryan.

''No, I'm good.'' Branch said getting up.

He saw Sunset talking to a couple of his followers and he looked at Branch who was nervous but went to his cell and laid on his bed looking at ceiling thinking of Poppy who always filled his mind, he smiled a bit and wondered if they weren't interrupted would they of kissed? She was going out of her way to help clear his name and he owed her so much.

''Penny for your thoughts?'' He looked to see Sunset standing in the doorway.

He sat up and frowned. ''No, go away.'' Branch said.

''Hey I'm trying to make amends.'' Sunset said.

''Really? Because you've had it in for me since day 1 and I did stop you from raping Poppy and yet you're not mad at me.'' Branch pointed out.

''I had a lot of thinking time and I was in the wrong.'' Sunset said.

''Ok, then bygones be bygones.'' Branch said as Sunset left.

The next day Poppy went into work and saw Cooper at the computer.

''Hey Coop.''

''Hey Poppy, how's it going? You ok you look tired?'' Cooper noticed.

''Yeah, I'm fine.'' She said about to walk to the door.

''Oh Quincy wants to talk to you.'' Cooper said.

''Thanks.'' Poppy said walking to the office.

She knocked and went in and froze to see Quincy talking to non other of Creek, who turned and smiled at her.