Chapter 15

Branch and Poppy work on the case a bit, Poppy deals with her cloud 9 feelings and learns more about Branch and his grandma while getting ready for the upcoming case.

Poppy wrote down all she could get and the name of all the trolls Branch had been in contact with which was a short list.

''Ok so I will go over this and will see what I can dig up.'' Poppy said.

''You're the best Poppy but you need to live your life as well.'' He placed his hand on her.

''I know but you come first.'' She said as she went to sit next to him.

''What about the whole not falling in love with a client?'' He asked.

''Well, when your out you won't be my client and you won't be a criminal so that doesn't break my rule.'' She said.

He smiled and hugged her and they were talking. 

There was a knock at the door, Poppy sat back in he seat. ''Come in.''

The door opened and in came Tresillo. ''Time for some sun outside.''

Branch stood up and held out his hands as he got cuffed and looked back at her.

''Take care Branch.'' She said.

Poppy was leaving for the day and saw the inmates outside in the yard and saw Branch lifting weights. She blushes looking at him, boy how she wanted to see his strong body. She shook her head as she left.

Her look got the inmates attention and Sunset saw her stare at Branch and knew something was up. He wanted her and he was gonna have her, he wanted to beat up Branch but knew that he had to play this smart.

Poppy had just walked in the door when she saw someone talking to Val.

''DAD!'' She ran over.

He turned and caught her in a hug. ''Poppy darling! How is my little girl?''

''Not so little dad, what are you doing here?'' She asked.

''I heard about what happened and well came to check on you.'' He said.

''Does everyone know about that?'' Poppy asked embarrassed.

''Well, Creek came to visit the other day and told me so I knew I had to get down here.'' He said.

Poppy was mad at Creek. ''But I also wanted to see you.'' He said.

''Sounds great dad.'' She smiled happy to see him.

''Lets go out.'' Peppy said as they left.

They got in Peppy's car and took off. ''So how's work going?'' He asked.

''It's fine, you know helping everyone get better.'' She said.

''Hmm so what happened to the guy who tried to hurt you?'' He asked worried.

They pulled to a restaurant and they sat in a booth and got there orders.

''The guy Sunset he was placed in an isolation room.'' She said.

''I'm so happy the guards were close by.'' He said taking her hand.

''Me too but it wasn't the guards who stopped him-- it was a troll who was next to come in, they brought him in as Sunset attacked me and he jumped in and pulled Sunset away and stood in front of me.'' She said feeling her cheeks heat up.

''Really? Who is he?'' Asked Peppy.

''His name is Branch Timber.'' She said.

Peppy froze. ''You mean the troll that supposedly killed his grandma?'' Asked Peppy.