Chapter 4

Broppy....

Poppy took a breath and smiled at him. ''Hi, I'm Poppy and you must be Branch.'' She held out her hand to shake his.

The male troll looked at her hand and hesitantly shook her hand and he felt a small spark, Poppy felt it too but said nothing.

Branch looked around then at her and pulled his hand away. ''You sure that was wise? What if I overpowered you?'' He asked slightly frowning.

Poppy was surprised by this. She was supposed to be asking the questions not the other way, but she wanted to bring him peace.

''You won't, besides I got myself surrounded in stuff that can do damage and I got the guards out there; besides I like to treat you guy like trolls and not some animal.'' She shrugged and sat down in the armchair putting on her glasses.

Branch stood there; arms crossed but was inwardly smiling she looked pretty with those glasses on he continued to look around nervously while frowning. Poppy made notes of his actions.

''It might be more comfortable if you sit.'' She offered.

''This seems like more of a fun lounge room more than a place to talk.'' He said going over to the table with cookies and drinks.

''Well yes, I like my clients to be comfortable and your more than welcome to help yourself to snacks, I know the food here isn't great.'' Poppy said watching him making more notes.

''You got any Trollccino?'' He asked with a bit of hope in his eye looking at her.

''Sorry no I don't.'' She said making a note of that.

''It was a long shot.'' He said as he walked over and sat in the other armchair, but he had his knees up to his body as his hands held his legs.

Poppy felt bad for him but was here to help him.

''So, Branch tell me a bit about yourself.'' She started opening her notebook ready to takes notes.

He just stared smirking and chuckling. ''Why not go into the deep stuff? You already know everything about me.'' He said firmly not wanting to budge.

Poppy looks at him surprised and leaned back. ''I don't know anything about you, your file here tells me who you are and what you're in for, but some of that could be wrong. I'd like to get to know you in troll.

Branch was trying to figure her out but gave in. ''I'm Branch Timber I'm 24, I have-- had my grandma that was my only family, and now I'm here serving time in this dump for a crime I didn't commit.'' He mumbled the last part.

Poppy looks at him. ''You didn't kill your grandma?'' She asked.

Branch glares daggers at her standing up. ''NO! I DIDN'T! IT'S ALL A LIE!'' He shouted sitting back down his head in his hands.

The walkie went off. ''Poppy is everything ok in there?'' Asked Prince D.

''Yeah, it's fine I just touched a nerve.'' She said placing the walkie down.

Branch sighed deeply and Poppy made a note to address that later on. ''I'm sorry Branch, I didn't mean any harm.'' She apologized feeling bad.

''I love my grandma, I would never hurt her, yet here I am rotting away for it.'' He said trying not to cry.

Poppy decided to break her own rule, she went over and hugged Branch, who hugged back his arms around her and his head on her shoulder, and he broke down crying. She felt bad for him, most killers really didn't care or felt bad, but non had acted like Branch did and she had a feeling he was telling the truth, but right now he needed a friend and a hug.

''Let it out ok.'' She whispered.

After a couple minutes he pulled away and she handed him a tissue. ''Sorry I really don't get this way.. but I've had nobody to talk to since being here.'' He said.

''Its ok to let it out, that is why I am here.'' She smiled holding his hand for comfort.

He smiled and they stared at each other, they heard a knock.

''Looks like our session is over and I will see you again tomorrow and we will start things that you like hobbies and whatnot.'' She smiled at him.

''Sounds good see you then Poppy.'' Branch said smiling back.

Poppy went to the door and let Hickory in as he places cuffs on Branch. ''Was he ok Poppy?''

''Yes Hickory he was just fine. Goodbye Branch I will see you tomorrow.''

He nodded as him and Hickory left, Poppy sighed as she got ready for the next client but Branch was on her mind the rest of the day.

Here we go enjoy.. Next up Poppy and her roommates and Branch and the inmates.