Chapter 12

Branch tells Poppy his side of the story and Poppy decides to do some investigating over the weekend and Sunset is talking to someone from the outside....

Poppy leaned forward. ''Ok start from the beginning of that morning and tell me everything don't leave anything out.'' Poppy said firmly.

Branch nodded and started telling his side.

Flashback....

I woke up and got dressed for the day and ran downstairs and saw my grandma cooking.

''Morning my little Peachfuzz.'' She smiled.

''Morning grandma, and do you have to call me that?'' I asked getting my lunch ready for work.

'' Well, your still my sweet little boy. Here's some eggs, toast, and orange juice.'' She said giving me the plate.

''Thanks! You're the best.'' I said eating.

''Oh you got a phone call this morning from someone he sounded mad.'' She said looking at me.

''Probably Marco as usual.'' I rolled my eyes.

''Why what happened?'' She asked.

''Oh he's mad because I beat him at a game of bowling in front of his groupie girls and wants a rematch.'' I said eating.

''Oh what a sore loser.'' She said patting my back.

''Yep. Say you ok gram? You look a bit pale.'' I said worried.

''Yes my peachfuzz just a bit tired is all.'' She gave me a tired smile.

''Oh here you're pills.'' I said handing them to her.

''Thank you son, but you should be going.'' She said kissing my cheek.

''Are you sure? I could take the day off to take care of you.'' I offered.

''Thanks Peach but go ahead I'll be fine.'' She smiled and hugged me.

''Love you Gram.'' I said leaving.

''Love you more my little Peachfuzz!''

I went to work and saw Trollex and got yelled at by my boss Sky Toronto as I worked and it came to lunch time so I decided to leave and check on my grandma, while I was on my way home I saw a kid in the middle of the street crying I stopped pulled my truck to the side and went over to her only for her run off so I chased her so she wouldn't get hurt.

''Wait come back!'' I called as I ran after her.

She was fast and went around a corner I stopped and looked for her calling her. ''Little girl! Little girl!'' Finally I gave up and went back home and when I got there I saw the front door was open.

Flashback over..

''And you know the rest.'' He said looking at Poppy.

Poppy was quiet. ''And then they arrested you?''

''No, I called 911 and well they showed up and so did the cops and after a few questions they arrested me.'' Branch said looking down.

''So this Marco guy, you never saw him again?''

''No, I didn't he was gone they couldn't find him.'' Branch said.

''What about Trollex?'' She asked.

''Hmm well, I believe he still lives in the Mountain Apartments # 24 I believe.'' Branch said.

Poppy made a note of it.

''I'm sorry Branch that must of been hard.'' She went over and hugged him.

''Yeah, it was and I miss her.'' He cried on her shoulder.

She lifted his face and looked at him. ''I believe you Branch.''

He looked into her eyes and smiled. ''Thank you.''

She smiles and they stare into each other's eyes, Poppy blushes and Branch smiles. Both stayed quiet there was a strange feeling in the air and both had an idea as to what it was.

They were still lost in each others eyes and they sub-consciously started to slowly lean in but there was a tap at the door and they jumped back and Poppy pushed the button and in came Quincy.

''Ahh Ms. Poppy everything ok?''

''Yes, we were just finishing up.'' Poppy said.

Branch stood up as Hickory came in and took Branch back. 

''Poppy we need to talk.'' Quincy said.

''Oh what about?'' She asked.

''Sunset is out of the quiet room and we are gonna have someone in here at all times when he is in here.'' Quincy said.

''I understand.'' Poppy said.

''Good now have a good weekend.'' Quincy said as he left.

Poppy decided to do some investigating, she got her stuff and left.

****************************************************

Sunset was taken to a room where he was cuffed to the table and in came his lawyer.

''Thank you, Sheriff, you can leave us.'' He said.

Quincy nodded and left the room closing the door.

''So, I heard you were locked away for a bit.''

''Yeah, all thanks to that annoying troll Branch.'' Sunset growled.

''Really? From what I heard you tried to go after Poppy, I told you she is not to be touched.'' Creek said frowning.

''I can't help it she is so beautiful and plus she a tease.'' Sunset said.

''I know but you need to control yourself around her or our deal is off and I tell the truth.'' Creek said.

''You won't, you're just as guilty as I am in the matter besides it's not like anyone will know.'' Sunset said leaning back.

''Not true I met with Poppy last weekend and she was asking for Branch's case file.'' Creek said.

''What did you say?'' Asked Sunset leaning forward.

''I told her I couldn't access them.'' He said frowning. He didn't like lying to Poppy.

''Ok, then your safe but what is so bad about it, we got Branch and it's all final, the jurors said he was guilty.'' Sunset said.

''Yes, but they also didn't know we didn't look too hard and I had to pay Timber's lawyer a pretty price for him to keep quiet and to agree with the papers, but if someone were to look into it deeper they might find some loose ends Marco.'' Creek said.

''Hey, my name was left out of it, and there is no way Branch knew it was me that night, I was in a disguise.'' Sunset said frowning.

''Still I want you to do whatever you can to make sure Branch doesn't get out. Because I have a feeling she is trying to set him free.'' Creek said.

''Why I mean he is guilty, and she has no evidence or proof.'' Sunset said.

''Still, I know her and she I dedicated, she didn't really want to go out with me she only wanted the files.'' Creek shook his head.

''Why are you worried, you did great covering up our tracks and nobody will know it was me.'' Sunset said.

''Let's hope but try to keep Branch here.'' Creek said.

''Alright it's a deal.'' Sunset said as Creek left.

Here we go enjoy next up Poppy runs into one of Branch's old friends and gets some information and Poppy fights the feelings she has for Branch.