Chapter 17

Poppy and Trollex find out a bit more from the little girl about what happend that day and things get a bit heated between Branch and Poppy...

The next morning Poppy got up, dressed in a pink tank top and blue shorts and went down for to make something to eat. She saw Holly and Val at the table.

''Morning Poppy.'' Holly said happily looking up.

''Morning Holly, Val.'' She smiled and made some toast.

''Hey Popsqueak.'' Val replied.

''So, we are doing some girl shopping today and want you to come with us.'' Holly said passing the butter to Poppy.

''Sounds fun, but I can't I got some business to take care of.'' She said not wanting to get into it.

They looked at her. ''Poppy are you ok?" Val asked worried.

''Yes, I'm fine I just am looking into something for a inmate who asked.'' She said.

Well, ok then but if you need help just ask.'' Holly said.

Poppy smiled and saw a text from Trollex. ''Ok got to go see you later.''

She hugged them and left getting into Trollex's car as they took off.

''How are you this morning?'' Asked Trollex.

''Good, ready to start.'' She giggles.

They drove an hour to the town and Poppy pulled up the coordinates on her phone and they came to the house as they looked at it.

''This is a big house.'' Trollex noted.

''I hope they are still there, they could of moved.'' Poppy said feeling nervous.

''They do, trust me my friend did a lot of research.'' Trollex said as they got out and went up to the door and knocked.

There was no answer and Poppy tried again. ''Might be out.'' Poppy said.

They heard noises from the back of the fenced yard and went over to see a couple of young girls playing.

''Excuse me is there a Mandy Park here?'' Asked Poppy.

The girls looked up and went over curious about them. ''Depends on who wants to know.'' The girl said.

''I'm Poppy and this is my friend Trollex, we are here to ask you a few questions of a certain day.'' Poppy said looking at her pulling out a tape recorder. ''Do you mind if we record?'' Asked Poppy.

Mandy opened the gate. ''Not at all.'' as they came in and they all sat on the porch. ''What day? I'm only 12.'' She said.

''Well I imagine you have a good memory.'' Poppy smiled praising her.

''Yeah, I do.'' Mandy said proudly.

''Ok do you remember when you were 8 you had a blue male troll following you by the bridge?'' Asked Poppy curiously. 

''Yeah, I got paid 20 dollars for that.'' She said smiling at the thought.

''Do you remember who paid you to do that?'' Asked Poppy.

Mandy thought and thought. ''Well he was a tall troll who was red, and I think he said his name was Marco?'' The little girl said trying to think.

Poppy and Trollex looked at each other and were shocked. ''So... did you see him after that?'' Asked Trollex.

''No he told me to do it and gave me the money up front saying that all I had to do was get the blue troll out of the truck run and hide I did and the blue troll never found me. Though that blue troll did seem very concerned.'' Mandy said smiling.