Making room.

When they arrived at a little bar near mer's home, well the apartment she once called home, she and Don walked in and took a seat on a table more at the corner of the bar.

They had a great time, Meryl was truly happy, and Don made her smile and laugh like no one did these past months, with him she felt like she could be herself, the Mary Louise she always used to be, before damage destroyed her..

After a while they decided to take walk trough the park, Mer was pretty much sober, just like Don.

"Wanna sit?" He looked at her and she smiled. "Yea sure.. my feet hurt anyway" both laughed and sat on the bench for a while, it was dark already and it started to get cold, meryl was freezing, but she didn't want this night to end, it was too beautiful.

Don noticed that she was cold, and he immediately gave her his jacket, she had to laugh at his immediate reaction, she thought it was adorable.

"Mer..?"

"yes.." she looked at him leaned against the bench turning her head to face him.

"Do you know where to stay already?"

"Nope, no idea.." he looked at her, she may thinks it's crazy what he is gonna ask her now, but it would be a win win situation.

"Well, if you want, you can stay at my place, I have enough room, trust me, I am gone for the next months travelling in Europe and I need someone to stay at my apartment, so what do you say?"

"Don, are you serious right now.." he smiled at her, and put one of his hands on her cheek, caressing it.

"I am always serious Ms Streep.. I'd love to have you over, and if you want, you can move in tonight, we're gonna get your things make some room and that's it.. and you can have the bed, cause I'm a gentleman"

She didn't know what to say so she just hugged him, he saved her.

"I suppose that's a yes than" suddenly he felt tears on his shoulder.

"Hey... psssstt it's okay, i'm here, let it all out, I'm here"

"Thank you Don, you're so kind, but.. uhm where are you gonna sleep if I take the bed tho?"

"We will figure it out, don't worry, c'mon let's get you home, you look tired.."

They first went to Meryl's old apartment and then to his, he insisted that she takes the bed, she didn't want to argue so she listened to him.

But when meryl woke up in the middle of the night, she suddenly felt alone, so she made her way to the living room where Don slept, she tapped on his shoulder with her pillow in her arm.

"Don..."

"Mmh, yea... Mer? you're okay? It's 3am... what's the matter mmh?" He asked, tapping to his right telling her to sit next to him, he looked at her, still sleepy..

"Uhm s-sorry that I woke you up, just forget about it.."

"No meryl, what's up? Talk to me, I'm here, what's the matter.."

"I had a nightmare, and usually John was there to comfort me, but now I'm alone a-and, i'm kind of afraid, so I uhmm I wanted to ask if I can sleep here with you.."

"Come here, whatever is going on, I'm here meryl, you can always wake me, okay?"

"Thank you, good night Don.."

They slept peacefully, after a while she put her head on his chest and used him as a pillow, and he put his arms around her, in a real protective way, he wanted her to feel protected and special, cause that's what she was for him, special.

|tbc..|