je t'aime.

Meryl and Don got their own routine, slowly, but they made it.

Don and meryl explored their relationship. He asked her to be his girlfriend. Exactly 2 months ago. It was the 5th of September 1978. Meryl and Don knew each other for a little over 6 months now and Don actually planned on asking Meryl tomorrow if she wants to marry him. He was on his way to her parents house to ask for their blessing, people may say that it's crazy but he loved her and was in love with her, he knew; he wanted to marry her!

Meryl was currently talking with her mother on the phone, she asked when Don would arrive. But Meryl didn't know Don would be over there, off to her parents..

"Sweetie do you know when Don will arrive?"

"Uhmm, mom He is at work.. or he didn't tell me that he is heading to you guys.."

"Oh darling maybe I misunderstood him, you know I'm getting old!"

"Okay... we'll I gotta go Ma! Love you!"

Meryl was confused and angry she didn't know what to say, he lied to her.. she heard it about her mothers voice that she was lying..

At the Streep house

Don arrived and was greeted by his hopefully soon- In-law's

"Don we have a little problem" Mary- Meryl's mother said.

"Why?"

"Well I didn't know that you didn't tell her that you would come over so I asked her if she knew when you would come over but she simply said you're at work.. I told her that I may misunderstood you, she left it alone, anyway, you said it's practically an emergency that you drop by, so?"

"Uhmm, well, Harry, Mary.. I want to ask for you blessings.. because.. well.. I want to marry Meryl, I know you maybe think it's too early but I really do love your daughter, she is everything a man could dream of, I want to worship the ground she is walking on, not only as her boyfriend but also as her husband and hopefully the father of her children and your future grandchildren.."

Mary had tears in her eyes, she couldn't ask for a better son in law, she really adored John, but don was something else, she knew he made her daughter the happiest girl in the world, and he would do anything for her. But still- it was really early they knew each other for 6 months, and dated for what, 2...

"Oh don, you always have my blessing! Welcome to the family!" Mary immediately hugged him.

"My wife couldn't say it better son! Welcome to the family."

"Thank you. It means a lot to me, really.."

"But don... it's really early don't you think so...?"

"My wife is right son... we love you, no doubt about that, but we don't want Meryl to get insecure of the day she will say yes.. or is supposed to."

"I will make her the happiest, trust me, I never loved someone like her, and if I have to I will fight for her until my last breath!"

"We know son, we know.. now get on the road and make my daughter happy!"

Don was on his way home, what he didn't expect was a really angry Meryl, covered in tears, and ruined mascara.

"Darling I'm home." On his way home he bought her a bouquet red roses and stopped by at the jewellery shop to get the perfect ring for a perfect woman.

He was nervous, he got her a beautiful dress, and also brought dinner, he wanted to make it perfect, he left the things in the car, he didn't want her to see it.. yet..

"Darling?" maybe she wasn't home..

Suddenly he heard crying from their bedroom.

"Meryl?! Are you- oh darling.."

"you weren't at work right?!" She sobbed.

"Where you with some slut!? Are you cheating on me!?"

"Meryl listen to me! Please!"

"I will explain everything, but first, how does it sound if you take a relaxing bubble bath just to relax and then you put the dress on I'll put out? Meryl I planned something but you can't see it now, I will explain EVERYTHING I promise you that, trust me, please.."
"You better Gummer, otherwise I'm gonna kick ur ass"

Don prepared everything and 30 mins later Meryl got out of the bathtub and saw the dress.

"Oh my.... It's BEAUTIFUL!"

She dressed up and Don walked in, he was speechless, she was so pretty..

"Darling, dinner is ready, we can e-eat now.."

"Too stunned to speak Gummer?" She smirked

The walked out of the room, and meryl got already tears in her eyes.

"Oh Don... you did this? and that's all for me?" Now she was crying, she also felt bad for thinking he cheated on her when he actually got all those sweet things prepared.

"I'm so sorry honey for thinking that you cheated on me, I should've know better.."

"It's alright baby, I like it when your jealous you look hot.." both laughed at took their places, she saw that he brought dinner and everything for them, so sweet.

"Okay don, but you have to explain one thing, why were you at my parents house.."

"Well, today it's our two months and I wanted to make something special for you, make yourself comfortable on the couch, I have to get something from the car"

She made herself comfortable and put on one of her favourite romantic movies..

He walked back up with the bouquet of red roses and knocked on the door, she opened and saw the flowers and began to cry again.

"Oh my god! Those are BEAUTIFUL don, please you're spoiling me way too much today!"

"Babe we need to talk" he became real serious from one second to the other.

"Oh okay, sure.." she was slightly worried though.

"Baby look at me, Mer I love you so much, you don't even know how much, I don't wanna pressure you and if you say it's too early, I'm good with it, but Meryl, I'm so sure with this, you, me, us. I wouldn't have it any other way, you're everything someone could ask for, dream of every man, and in the end, you choose me anyway, I'm so happy that I can call you mine, I never loved like this, like I love you, we've been together for 2 months but it feels like 2 decades, yes I went to your parents house and explained some things to be clear straight away.. I asked for their blessings. Mary-Louise Streep, I never wanna be apart from you again, and even though a piece of paper doesn't change how much I love you, I would be the luckiest man out of all men out there to call you my wife, Mrs Don Gummer...

Mary, I love you, and you're the only person I would ever want to ask that question. Will you marry me?"

LMAOOO I'M SORRY TO LEAVE YOU LIKE THIS PAJAJJAA ANYWAY, HOPE U ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, NEXT CHAPTER WILL GET A BIT EXTRA SPICE :') SPECIAL MENTION TO queensmvlti FOR THAT next chapter definitely dedicated to u bro, thanks for ruin me 😩