Are you two a thing?

When meryl and Don arrived at their apartment, how Don always says, they saw Third sitting on the couch and talking to his and Meryl's mother, Mary was sitting next to him and telling him that he has to calm down and that meryl knows what she is doing, and if she should loose her mind that Don will catch her. They listened to both of them talking.

In the moment when someone cleared their voice, Third and Mary turned around, seeing don and meryl standing next to each other, hand in hand.

"Oh thank god sis, I thought you completely freaked out damn.." he hugged his sister and Mary looked at Don and gave him a warm smile, he walked over to her and she immediately asked what was wrong with her daughter, he explained and she understood.

"Hey mom.." Mer said carefully.

"Mary Louise Streep, the next time something happens like this, you will let him explain before you freak out, I know that you were hurt, but we all know he would never do such a thing, just be calm okay baby, I love you." Mer laughed at how her mom was always so protective over everyone and everything. She hugged her mother and looked at Don with a smile and mouthed a "thank you". He immediately knew that it was for the "now explain everything" part. That must've been awkward.

After Mary left, and third went with her, Mer and Don were alone now.

"So what do you want to do?" He asked curios.

"Mmh how about... BAKING!" she smiled at him, and those eyes, he couldn't say no, so yea, they made it to the
supermarket and back, and started backing.

"NO DONN STOP!" Meryl burst out in laughter when he tried to mix it all up, which ended up in a huge mess.

Meanwhile the cookies where baking, Don was cleaning up, he told meryl to rest, because it was a pretty long day.

When he was finally finished, he got the cookies out of the oven and put them on a plate.

He walked to his, well now Meryl's room, where she most of the time slept, expect when she needed comfort, then she would just go to the couch and cuddle with him.
He saw her sound asleep, he admired her, walked over to her and kissed the temple of her head.

What he didn't expect was her taking him by his arm and bringing him down next to her. She was comfortable lying on his chest, she looked up and smiled at him, this smile let his heart melt and knees go week, he loved meryl, that was for sure, he never felt so strong feelings towards a woman.

"Why are you staring Gummer..?" She asked playfully. Then just smiled at him.

The atmosphere was perfect, it was raining outside, the sun was slowly going down. They lied under the comforter since it was starting to get cold. It was like a movie, but even better.

"Meryl.. can I ask you something?" She was playing with his shirt and roaming his chest with her fingers.
"Mmh.." she was not 100% there, cause he crawled her head and was with hands in her hair and played with it.
"Actually I have two things" he chuckled

"Would you like to go out on a date tomorrow..?" She suddenly sat up and looked at him, she smiled immediately, is this really happening right now?

"yes! Oh don, I'd love nothing more than that!" She smiled and hugged him.

After a while he spoke again. "Well that wasn't the only thing meryl."

"And what's the other thing Mr Gummer?" She asked softly.

"I want to ask If you give me the permission to kiss you, under the comforter just like this." Suddenly he pulled her close and his hands on her waist and she couldn't believe it..

"You always have my permission, I'm yours.."

After a while he suddenly pulled her into a long kiss. She smiled into the kiss, and after they finished their little making out session, they went to dinner ate their cookies, watched a movie  and got ready for bed.

|tbc...|