Miracles pt. 1.

6 months later

Don and Meryl were in love.

Everything was perfect.

Expect...

"DON?" Meryl screamed through the whole loft.

"WHAT?" he screamed back.

"I ASKED YOU THIS MORNING BEFORE I LEFT IF YOU COULD MAYBE BRING OUT THE GARBAGE, AND STILL DIDNT, YOU KNOW I'M SO SICK OF THIS, JUST THAT I AM YOUR WIFE THAT DOESNT MEAN I'M DOING EVERYTHING HERE!" Meryl was upset and mad at her husband. She didn't want their marriage to fail, she loved him.

"CALM DOWN OKAY it's just garbage for god's sake, I've been working too, so sorry ms perfect that I once didn't do what you asked me for." He rolled his eyes, and she felt a pain sharp in her heart, not physically but mentally, her husbands behaviour hurts her, and he doesn't even care, she stormed out of his studio, which was in the same building as their loft, she ran into their bedroom and took a suitcase and packed her things.

They were fighting almost constantly the last 4 months

Don felt bad for snapping at her like that, when he went into the  loft he found Meryl's wedding ring on his nightstand with a packed suitcase and felt the tears coming up, he found a note next to it.

Don,

I'm sorry that I am not good enough for you
I love you, I'm sorry when I failed you in any way
Please.
I beg you..
don't break my heart..
I couldn't take that.
you brought me out of this hell I went trough after John died, I finally thought
I found happiness again, Don, please don't break me again. It was worse to loose john it still hurts.
But loosing you, I couldn't live with that, I gave you my word, I will always love you.

yours, forever, with all my love
-M

His wife thought that she failed him, he began to do the one thing he never wanted to, letting her think that she is a failure. He wanted nothing more than run out and look for her, he hoped she would be at their bench, so he took his coat and was ready to fight for love, just when he opened the door, he found a crying Meryl. Totally worn out, she looked pale and the smile, his smile. It was gone, what he saw in front of him was his result, a broken woman.

"Don I-.." before she could finish the sentence she throw up.

"OH MARY DARLING!" he was worried sick.

what he didn't thought was that she would flinch at his touch.

"Meryl? Darling?"

"I-I'm soo sorry" she burst out in tears and hugged herself.
Don didn't want to leave her, he got things out of the bed and bathroom, he cleaned up gave Mer a bucket, just in case, then he turned to his wife.

"Darl I'll pick you up now okay, hey look at me, it's me, don, your husband.."

She gave him a weak smile and nodded.

He picked her up and brought her into the bathroom to get her cleaned up.

When he placed her in the bathtub he saw a pregnancy test: positive.

"Mer... you-are-are you..?"

"Don please don't be mad..." she began to cry again.

"I'll be right back, I-.." he just gave her quick kiss which she flinched once again.

Tears began to fall down his cheek when he looked at her he forced a smile.. but she knew he was hurt.

'My wife is pregnant, with my baby, oh god, I love this woman.. I'm such a failure, she is clearly scared of me, SHIT I screwed things up.' He thought to him self.

Meryl meanwhile was sobbing, uncontrollably.

They were helpless, and at one point in their marriage, where it's either fighting or giving up.

|tbc...|