The Malfoy's

It blows my mind how fast my life changed. One moment I was living in foster care in the muggle world and the next my dad escapes from wizard jail, I'm being shipped off to wizard school, and now I'm going to be meeting my aunt and uncle. I have two cousins, and more family than I ever have before.

Remus doesn't think it's a good idea. I spoke with him and he doesn't know if meeting them right now is smart and I honestly don't get what he means.

He knows how bad I want to know my family.

He knows better than anyone.

And now that I finally have the chance to, he's saying it's not a good idea. That I shouldn't do it. Yet he won't tell me why I shouldn't do it.

I'm still going to do it.

I don't know what to expect from Malfoy's parents so I'm kinda nervous but also really excited.

I know my father isn't close with them but maybe I will be.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. It must be time to go. Either that or it's Remus trying to talk me out of going again.

I open the door and Malfoy was standing there. He's wearing some fancy outfit and then you look at what I'm wearing. A hoodie and pants...

"That won't work," he says to me.

"My outfit? Why are you dressed like that?" I ask him.

"My parents are very formal.. so you'll need to change." Malfoy tells me. "Please tell me you have something nice that you can wear."

"I have one dress, okay? That's it. And it's... I don't know it's not bad."

"Then go get it on," Malfoy says to me. "I'll tell you if it's good enough."

"If it's good enough?" I ask him, clearly annoyed.

"In a non harsh way," Malfoy says with a light smile.

"Fine, I'll go and change... but be nice when you see it."

"Me? I'm always nice." Malfoy laughs sarcastically.

"Right," I mumble as I go back and change into the purple dress that I've only worn once. Once on the date with the muggle boy. I probably shouldn't tell Malfoy that since I know how he feels about muggles.

I carefully put the dress on and then walk back out to see Malfoy. Nervously.

He's not always the nicest. I've seen him speak to other people. Mostly that Parkinson girl.

"Is it okay?" I ask him nervously. He glances at me with a stern face, making me more nervous.

"It's a nice dress," Malfoy says and then he finally smiles. "Come on."

"I'm nervous," I mumble to Malfoy and he laughs softly and nods his head.

"You'll be fine," he says to me as he nudges me. "My mother is really excited to meet you. She's sent me like ten letters in the past few days that you've been here and asking me to bring you over."

"You sent a letter to your mother about me?" I ask him, raising my eye brows in surprise.

"Shut up," he mumbles and I smirk.

"That's sweet," I admit. "Was it something like 'mom, there's this new girl who is related to us. Sirius Black's daughter.' Or maybe something like that?"

"Shove off you git," Malfoy grumpily says. "It was nothing like that."

"You're close with your mother?" I ask him. It was more of an observation but I asked it as a question. Gives him a chance to answer even though it's so obvious.

"My family is complicated but out of all of them, yes. I'm closest with my mother. You'll see why when you meet her," he says to me confidently. 

Malfoy's house was not what I expected it to be. For some reason I thought it was going to be way smaller than... than a bloody castle. It's huge! And rather dark and closed off but still... that part makes sense.

But the house itself is big. Add the yard and gardens and everything else, it's even bigger.

"You didn't mention you live in a castle," I say to him as the two of us walk up the drive way. The very long drive way.

"That's because I don't like in a castle," Malfoy replies. "This is Malfoy manor."

"Right, big difference."

When we get to the front door, Malfoy stops us and turns to me. He's glancing at me seriously and if I wasn't nervous before, I am now.

"My mother is an angel, you'll absolutely love her. She's kind and so caring. And funny, very funny. My father on the other hand, he can be harsh. Don't take what he says too seriously and if he says or does anything too crazy, my mother will likely hex him."

I laugh at the last bit.

"I wish I was kidding," Malfoy adds. "My father has this tough act but I promise you, it's just an act."

"Good to know," I say to him. "Can we go in? Or are we waiting to get caught standing here."

"We can go inside, I just wanted to warn you about what you're walking into."

"Trust me, I've dealt with worse." I tell him, referring to some of the muggles I've lived with. He doesn't know but some of them were truly cruel. Actually Remus doesn't even know how cruel some of them were because they'd put on acts whenever he came to check on me.

I look over to Malfoy after I said that and he was looking at me carefully. Oh fuck, I didn't mean to make him suspicious. I don't want to explain this to him. I don't want to tell anyone. Any of it.

"I want to know what you meant by that later," Malfoy says to me seriously.

"Nope, sorry. I'm not an open book," I mumble but he shakes his head and mumbles something that I didn't hear.

He opens the door and my jaw basically drops. His house is absolutely beautiful on the inside. Better than anything else I could have imagined.

"Woah," I gasp, looking around in awe. Malfoy laughs softly beside me and out of the corner of my eye I see him nod his head.

"Don't get too distracted by the way it looks, I promise you it's not as nice on the inside." I hear him whisper beside me as he starts moving forward a little. Moving us further into the house.

"I'm still nervous," I whisper to him. He reaches over and sympathetically squeezes my shoulder. Without a wired, we walk and walk until we are outside of the living room.

"They're most likely in there. Are you ready for this?"

"Let me think about that, no." I respond sarcastically and he huffs.

"Let's go then," he says one more time before he opens the door to the living room and in we go.