You Better Be My Real Parents

Mattheo grips my hand under the table as Narcissa stands up to go open the door. She told us to wait here and she'll bring Regulus through to the dining room. After Narcissa leaves, the room goes silent and they're all looking at me. 

I look around at all of them, and then I realise they're waiting for me to say something. They don't know what to do, or what I'm thinking or feeling. They feel awkward.

"If you lot are waiting for me to say something inspiring, you're going to be disappointed because I'm so nervous I could shit my pants right now." 

Enzo snorts and they all start laughing, the room feels a lot less tense as the sound of laughter fills it. 

"Merlin, you could've literally said anything else." Draco says, but even he has a smile on his face. 

"I could've but I didn't," I say. "It wouldn't have been as funny." 

Theo turns to Mattheo and says, "You sure about her?" Mattheo glances at me and smiles.

"Oh yeah, as charming as she is, I'm sure." He replies. 

I can't help but smile. Not only because of what Mattheo says but because they're starting to get along. 

"Nothing like a shitting my pants joke to get the family bonding starting," I say to them and Theo shakes his head but he smiles at me. 

A small win. 

We hear voices in the hallway and we know they're close. 

"No matter what happens, we are all here and we all have your back." Theo says to me in a serious tone.

"I know," I reply. "Thanks."

I'm listening to the voices outside of the room and trying to figure out who's all there. Sirius and Remus are there, I can hear their voices. I'm not sure- I can't really tell anyone else's voice. I can barely hear them.

Mattheo kisses my cheek and it pulls me out of spying. 

"What was that for?" I ask him. 

"I don't know." He tells me. "I just felt like doing it."

"You can be so cute sometimes," Draco says from across the table in a mocking voice like he knew exactly what I was about to say. 

And you know what, he was right. I was going to say that.

"Oh shut up, you git." I tell him. "Blaise told me about the ferret story, okay? Keep it up and I'll learn that bloody spell." 

He glares at me while Enzo, Theo and Mattheo start laughing. 

"I'm going to kill Zabini for that." He says, "And don't you even think about it." 

The door opens half way through Draco's threats and Narcissa sighs.

"Draco, enough with the threats." She scolds him, he glares even more at me and the guys laugh quietly. 

Remus was the first one to come in after Narcissa and he smiles at me.

"Hey kiddo," he says. 

Sirius was next. He awkwardly smiles at me and looks at the table. A table full of my friends. 

The next person to walk in was a skinny boy with the same hair as Sirius and I. Same eyes. Same face. 

That's Regulus. 

I can't take my eyes off him as he enters the room. I stand and move behind my chair. Mattheo and Theo stand behind me so they're out of my way. 

The door opens a little more and someone else enters the room. A women.