Summer At The Manor

Saying goodbye to my father on the train station was odd with a bunch of people are staring at us. Of course they're staring, he's the one who broke out of Azkaban after he's been there for years. Then when he comes out, he's been announced innocent. People don't believe it, and they don't like him. I don't care though.

Draco waits patiently beside me as I say goodbye to him. He was nice enough to offer for me to spend the summer with him. I was a little worried for a moment that I wouldn't have somewhere to go but then he offered it up.

"I will come and visit you as many times as I can," dad says to me. "You'll be fine at your- at Narcissa's place."

"I know, I've met her. She's really nice, unlike her husband who.. is a piece of work."

Sirius laughs and nods his head in agreement. "Yeah, he's a shithead," he agrees. "Go on, go and have fun. I'll see you soon."

"I'll see you soon, dad." I say to him before backing up so I'm now beside Draco. My dad smiles at me before turning away and saying goodbye to Harry.

"Can we leave now?" I ask Draco. "I really don't care to watch this."

"Yeah, come on. We should go and find my mother anyway before she sends a search party."

"Alright, bye guys. See you when I see you," I say to them all. Remus smiles and waves at me but Sirius and Harry are too busy saying goodbye that they don't even notice me speaking.

Narcissa was waiting for us patently. She must have known we'd be a little longer than Draco usually is every other year because she didn't even seem mad.

"Hello mother," Draco says when we reach her. She smiles sweetly and waves hello at us.

"Ready for summer now?" Narcissa asks us. Draco nods his head. Narcissa glances at me and then she says, "Is your father going to come say goodbye?"

"He already said goodbye," I say to her. "Before we came to find you."

Narcissa frowns but nods her head. "Alright, we should get going then. Let's get you two home."

Home.

-

Lucius was apparently out for his job and he'd be gone for a few days. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty happy about that. He makes me nervous because he's so moody and some of the stories I've heard... he doesn't seem like a great guy.

Narcissa told me that I can just leave my bag on the ground at the door and the house elves will take them to my room while she gave me a tour of the house.

My room?

"I'm going to my room for a while," Draco says as he heads up the stairs with his bag.

"He gets moody when he comes home for summer because him and his father usually fight a lot." Narcissa explains. "He'll cool off and join us later."

"You don't have to explain," I say to her and she smiles gratefully.

"It's complicated, family is complicated.. but you of all people know that." Narcissa says carefully. When I don't respond, she continues. "Let's give you the tour and show you to your room."

We walk further into the house, past the little room that's in the front of the house. Draco and I walked by it the last time I was here but I barely had time to look at anything. Too busy worrying.

"That's our waiting room, it's for people who are visiting for work or people we don't want exploring the house," Narcissa explains. "The house elves tell them to wait there and one of us will be down in a moment."