Family Dinner

Informing Blaise that he is, in fact, not invited to this so called party was not the highlight of the night but it was necessary. I assume since it's his house, that Draco will be joining me and then probably Enzo too. I don't want too many people there in case whatever it is they tell me is... something I don't want people knowing. It's not like I can keep it from my own cousins though, so there's no point in keeping them away.

Mattheo told me that he'll wait for me in the common room since this is more of a family thing. He wants to respect my boundaries and if that doesn't make him even more- even more... awesome? I agreed to meet him in the common room when I get back and tell him everything.

Now the only person I have to talk to... to fill in on what's going on is Theo. I'm a little nervous to talk to him since we haven't really spoken lately. I don't want us to be like this. I miss him... but I don't know what to say or do that'll make it better without giving up my relationship... or friendship with Mattheo. I can't do that.

I sit down next to Theo by the fire while everyone else is talking about some Ravenclaw drama that we missed out on while we were hiding in the common room. He turns his head to me and smiles, then looks back at the fire.

I lean my head on his shoulder without saying anything, and he doesn't pull away. Instead, he leans his head on mine.

I exhale and then whisper, "I miss you."

"I miss you too," he agrees. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I ask him. "It's me who should be apologising to you. You asked me-"

"No, look I was wrong. I can't tell you who you can and can't be friends with. Even though I really don't like him and worry about you when you're with him."

"You don't have to worry about me when I'm with him, Theo. He's different- he's..."

"I know, but he's not a good guy, at least from what I've seen and I can't help but worry. I don't want him to hurt you."

"If he does, you can kick his ass," I say to him.

He laughs and shakes his head. "He'd end up kicking my ass and then I'd be even more angry. It would be no use."

We sit in a comfortable silence for a moment, both of us in our own heads thinking about whatever.

"I know my mother's name and my father is going to tell me the truth about everything at dinner on Friday. I'm scared that he'll tell me something I don't want to know, but at the same time I'm scared he'll change his mind about telling me."

Theo takes my hand and looks at me very seriously. "You deserve to know the truth about your own family, whether it's good news or bad news. You should know where you came from."

"I know- it's just hard to believe I'm not asking for too much when everyone who knows the truth, refuses to tell me."

"I promise you, you're not asking for too much." He says and then he kisses the top of my head.

-

Friday night came a lot faster than I wanted it too. Sure, I do want to know everything... but I'm also scared.

What if my mother isn't someone I want to know about?

The boys have been sensing my nerves all week and have been trying to make things easier but honestly, it's kind of annoying. I asked Theo to come with me because he basically lives there too and Draco and Enzo can be a little... much. As much as I appreciate them, they're over protective and I need someone to balance that out.

"We should get there a little bit before them so we aren't arriving after. I feel like that would be weird," Enzo says on our way back to the common room after our last class.

"Sounds good," I mumble. My heart is racing right now from nerves and the anxiety of everything that's happening. Finally learning about my family... it's about time but Merlin, it's scary.

"Are you okay?" Enzo asks me when he notices I'm breathing really heavily.

"I- panic attack." I manage to mumble and he stops me and makes me lean against the wall.

"Just breathe, okay? I'm right here. Focus on your breathing."

It's like a weight on my chest and I can't breathe. Panic sets in and i'm sweating. Enzo is there but I can't get a word out. It hurts.

"You're okay, Cameron. I'm here and you're going to be just fine."

I've never had an anxiety attack with just Enzo around, and honestly I was a little scared he wouldn't know what to do. He doesn't take a lot of things seriously, but when it came down to it, he did everything right.

When I relaxed, I slid my back down the wall and sat down. Enzo joins me.

"How did you know how to do that?" I ask him.

"A lot of people I know have anxiety," Enzo says as he shrugs his shoulders.

"Thanks," I say to him. He smiles at me and says "don't worry about it, I'm here for you."

"So, you think Draco's pacing yet?" I ask jokingly and Enzo cackles.

"Probably," he says. "Merlin he worries more than a mother."

When we got in there, Enzo and I burst into laughter at the sight of Draco pacing around the room. He glares at us, not knowing why we find the sight of him worried amusing. It was honestly so funny.

"Told you," Enzo says in the middle of our laughing.

"What took you two so long?! We're almost late!" Draco asks, staring at both Enzo and I in disapproval.

"Oh you know, got lost on the way to the common room. This schools so big..." I sarcastically say. Theo laughs, and when Draco turns and glares at him, he hides his amusement until Draco turns back around.

"Glad you all find this so funny," Draco says. "We're about to enter a really serious conversation and you all are acting like 5 year olds."

"Did you really just say serious-" I ask him, holding back my laughter. "I already know my father is going to be there, Draco. You don't have to keep reminding me."

"That wasn't funny," Theo says and shakes his head. "I'm embarrassed for you."

I flip him off, and Enzo snorts in amusement. Draco rolls his eyes.

"Fine, you guys act like bloody children!" He shouts and storms out of the common room. We follow him out, still joking around and laughing. If I stop laughing, I'll probably start to feel the nerves again. Laughing is better than panic.