Rescue and Reunion

Apparently while Draco and I were at his house, we missed a lot of things that were happening here. Thankfully, we were filled in at breakfast the next morning.

"I heard that Potter and his two side kicks saw Sirius Black sneaking on to the school grounds and he uh- fought him."

I pause.

Not that I'm entirely sure Blaise's explanation is 100% true... but somethings off. He's trying to tell me that my dad was on the school grounds again and Harry saw him again.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"People are saying that he was going to get sent back to Azkaban. Others have theories that are a little too heavy for breakfast," Blaise explains. Theo is looking at me, watching me for a reaction. Waiting for me to freak out or panic but I can't.

"Did he get sent back to Azkaban?" I ask him.

"No, I suppose he escaped again." Blaise says.

"I have to go," I say as I start walking away from them all. I hear Blaise ask where I'm going now but I don't want to stop and explain what's going through my head. I just want to find Remus and ask him if it's true and then ask him where he is. I need to see him.

When I get to Remus' office, it's not a surprise that Harry is already there. I swear he's always around now.

"What happened last night?" I ask Remus. I don't even care that I'm interrupting this time. If my father was in the castle and if on the off chance he's still here, I want to see him.

Remus gave me a look that I was way too familiar with at this point. Pity.

"What?" I ask him, begging him to just spit it out. This is starting to worry me. "Remus!"

"Your father was here, although I reckon you heard that much. That's why you're here." Remus began. I nod my head in response. "It was a rough night and I'm afraid there are some things we really need to talk about."

"Is he okay?" I ask, my hands are starting to shake and I kind of wish Theo was here with me. Why did I just run off? He could've been here to help.

"I'm afraid I've made a horrible mistake, Cameron. I should have believed him and I should have believed you."

"Remus, what are you talking about?" I ask him.

"Your father is innocent," Remus says. My head is spinning.

Innocent.

I let out a shaky breathe. I'm not sure what else happened and how he came to that conclusion but just hearing him say it, to confirm it makes me feel so much better.

"H-how do you know?" I ask him. Harry is standing awkwardly off to the side of the room. For once, he's not saying anything or getting in the way.

"Well.. like I said, he was here last night and it was an interesting night."

"Remus, can you please just tell me what's going on?"

Harry takes a step forward and for the first time I wish he would just open his mouth. Just- one of you bloody say something!

"I need your help in rescuing him.." Harry says to me. Remus is eyeing him carefully. Almost like he doesn't think he should be telling me this. Like I'm too fragile to hear it. "It has to be just you though. Not your friends."

"Where is he?" I ask him. Right now I don't have the energy to argue about how rude it is to say I can't have my friends help me save my father. I just want to see him.

"He's in the castle, being held until the ministry gets here. Then they're going to kill him." Harry says bluntly. Remus flinches.

"What?"