Family Dinner part 2

Narcissa envelopes me in a tight hug the moment I enter the dining room. She was setting up the table before, but I'll never decline one of her hugs. She hugs me tightly for a long moment, then lets go and starts instructing the boys to help her out.

"Where's father going to be during this dinner?" Draco asks Narcissa, who without even hesitating, tells him that his father would much rather spend his night with his mistress then be here for this important family moment.

"Oh," Draco mumbles. "Fuck him, then."

His reaction seems strange to me. I mean, I know his father and him weren't that close, but he just found out he's cheating on his mother? I would've been pissed. I am a little pissed. Narcissa is a great mother and wife... he's a piece of shit.

Theo leans over and whispers, "They've known about the mistress for a little while now. Narcissa wanted to wait to do anything about it until he did something like this so she's have a reason to file for divorce."

"But why wait? I don't understand that."

"Well, now she has witnesses, and because missing something that is important to a child is one of the worst things he could do. It makes him look bad."

"Yeah, but I'm not technically his child."

"It doesn't matter, you're as good as it." Theo says to me, "Plus this is important to Draco too."

"I can tell," I mumble as I glance at him. "He hasn't relaxed since he got up this morning."

Draco is very confusing because one minute he can be yelling at you and telling you that you're literally a waste of space and then the next, he's on your side and 100% there for you. You never know what Draco you're getting each day.

-

Remus pulls me into a hug the moment he walks in the door and I laugh. "Hi, I missed you too."

"Merlin, Cameron. You still wear that shirt?" he asks me lightheartedly when he sees I'm wearing the flannel.

"Yes, I do. It's comfortable."

"I thought you got rid of it or something. I'm surprised it still fits you, kid."

"To be fair, when you gave it to me, it was huge on me."

He laughs and moves aside for Sirius to say his hello's next. It's a little less natural when he hugs me, but I still hug him back. I don't know why it has to be so hard for us to connect. It's like he doesn't even like me and I'm his bloody daughter.

"Hey kid," he says to me when he let's go. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

I frown. He doesn't want to do this. "I'm sure," I answer. "Are you?"

"Whatever you want to do," he says to me.

"Okay, then let's go. Narcissa made up the kitchen with snacks and coffee and everything looks so nice," I say, smiling gratefully in her direction. "You remember Draco and Enzo? They're my cousins. And Theo, he's my best friend."

"Yeah, I remember everyone."

"Okay," Narcissa cuts in. "Let's go to the dining room everyone."

"Will Lucius be joining us, Narcissa?" Remus asks her politely.

"No, he's off doing who knows what today." Narcissa responds and Remus raises his eye brows curiously but decides not to ask.

"Good, he should not be involved in this." Sirius grumbles.

"Sirius," Remus warns him. "We did not come here to relive some Hogwarts school day fights. We're here for Cameron."

Sirius frowns at Remus and shakes his head. "I wasn't trying to start a fight, I was just saying-"