Rescue and Reunion pt 2

My gut feels like it's turning in circles on the way down to the dungeons with Draco. My father is down there and he's actually free.. or he will be. I'll be able to spend time with him and maybe even live with him. Who knows, all of those things we've talked about when I went to visit him might actually happen now. My mind is going a mile a minute with ideas of the future and what I'm going to say to him when we get down there. I've dreamed of this moment for so long, and of course it never happened the way it actually is, but I'll take it.

Draco hasn't said a word the entire walk since we left the room and I'm thankful for that, but at the same time the silence is not helping my nerves. I don't know what to do first. Do I trust Potter and his friends to actually do what they said they would. I trust Remus but not them.

Draco stops suddenly and steps in front of me, stopping me from going forward. What's he doing? We're almost there...

"Tell your brain to shut up for a minute," Draco says to me. "I just want to make sure you're okay. You haven't said a word since we left and I can tell there's a lot going on up there."

"I'm fine," I say.

"Don't lie to me, I'm not that dumb." Draco says to me. "You're excited, yeah? You get to see your father outside of Azkaban for the first time in what? Thirteen years? But you're also nervous for the same reason. I get it, I understand but you can't walk in there blindly."

"Why not?" I ask. I'm secretly surprised that he understands how I'm feeling. I honestly didn't think he could.

"Because he's your father and you don't want to get his hopes up if Potter and Weasel don't come through," he says, "Was I right?"

"Yeah, it was all surprisingly accurate." I respond.

"Do you want me to come in with you or wait out here?" He asks me. He's being surprisingly supportive and understanding. Very vulnerable and it's a little... weird.

"You can come in... he's your uncle too."

"I don't know him," Draco says quickly.

"I didn't know your parents either but you still introduced me to them." I argue. "You're going to have to get used to the face that we're family."

"Oh shut up. I'll come if you want me too," Draco says.

"Come on then, stop wasting time." I say to him and push him out of my way so I can go into the dungeons. The nerves are still there but my excitement is taking over now. I can't wait to see him. To talk to him.

I turn the corner and see four sets of cells. All attached but separated with bars in between them. What a weird thing to keep in a school... but I guess a school for magic, it kind of makes sense. Who knows what kind of evil shit tries to attack a school that teaches young kids how to perform and use their magic. Honestly... I still don't get it. I guess the world's just fucked.

In the last cell, there's a man. He's sitting against the bars facing the opposite way of me. His hair is long, longer than the last time I saw him and he looks so defeated. His head in his hands.

I glance over my shoulder to Draco and he smiles encouragingly at me, telling me to go forward. Telling me to go over and talk to him. Go see my father.

"Dad..." I say quietly, so quietly that he almost didn't hear it. His head turns around so fast and his eyes widen once he notices me.

"Cameron?" He asks me as he stands up slowly, not taking his eyes off of me. "What are you doing here?"

"It's a long story but I go to school here now," I say to him, stepping closer to cell.

"When did that happen?" My father asks me, stepping closer to the bars too.

"When did you escape?" I ask him, smirking at him when he realizes what I'm saying.

"Ah, Remus' idea I'm assuming?" He asks me nicely.

"I'm guessing it was his idea since he's the only one who's been checking up on me since I've started here," I say to him.

There was a silence and then he puts his hands to the bar, reaching through and asking me for my hand. I reach over and he holds my hand tightly.

"I missed you kid," he says to me. "I wish I could be there for you while you grow up.. sadly it doesn't look like that'll be possible."

"That's not exactly true dad," I say to him. He looks at me in confusion, telling me to continue. "I came up with a plan to hopefully get you free."

"Y-you did what?" My father asks me. "How? What did you do?"

"You will have to wait and find out because I'm not supposed to spoil the surprise," I say to him. "Just know that you're going to be fine. You'll be there to watch me grow up."

"A miracle worker," my dad jokingly says. Then he looks over and sees Draco standing awkwardly a few feet away from us. "Who's that?"

"That's Draco, he's my cousin and your nephew." I say to him as I wave Draco over here. He comes hesitantly.

"My nephew? Andromeda?" Sirius asks him but then he really looks at him. "No, not Drom. You're Narcissa's boy."

Draco nods his head in response.

"You two are close then?" Sirius asks me.

"I've only been here a week but he's taken me under his wing so I'd say we're close," I say.

"Nice to meet you Draco, and thank you for taking care of my little girl over here."

Draco nods again, "of course. She's family."

"Sorry to interrupt this family reunion but I have some news for you two," Remus says as he enters the room. Sirius' head turns immediately towards his old friend and his eyes flicker with something I've never seen from him.

Draco steps back and gets out of the way as Remus comes closer. Potter and his friends, along with Dumbledore and the minister of magic follow him in.

I glance back at Draco and he looks just as lost as I am right now.

"Mr. Black, we are here to release you because of evidence that proves you're innocent." The minister of magic says as he opens the cell to let Sirius out.

The first thing Sirius did once he was free was not what I expected. I thought he'd hug me or maybe even Remus first but he hugged Harry first.

Harry.

Some kid he just met. Not his own daughter or his childhood friend.

I was... I don't know. Confused? Mostly hurt. I'm his blood daughter. Family.

Before I know it, Draco is beside me. He nudges my arm to let me know he's right beside me. Remus looks at me too with some sympathy. Pity maybe.

My dad says thank you to Harry and his friends, and then he turns over to me. He smiles softly at me and pulls me into a hug. I hug him back tightly and bury my head in his chest.

"I've missed you so much kid," my dad whispers to me quietly. "Thank you for believing me."

"I missed you too dad." I reply and hug him tighter.

My mind is racing all over again. I have a million questions flowing all around my head.

What happens now?

Do I move in with him now? Now that he's free, can we finally start over? Be a real family.

Where does Harry fit in to all of this?

There must be a reason that he hugged him first and not me.