Forgivness

Remus,
I got your letter and I did read the second letter too. I was told not to respond though because I guess he was just making up excuses. I'm responding to you though.

I have some questions about my fathers side of the family and before I even think about going to him... I was wondering if maybe you could help me.

There's this new professor at our school and the first time he saw me, he called out Regulus' name. Now, you know as well as I do that it's nearly impossible to get dad talking about Regulus... so maybe you can tell me some stuff about him?

First of all, how does he know Professor Moody? Because that's been bothering me since he said it. He said he knows dad too but he seems to talk about Regulus in a much nicer tone. Please don't tell me to just ask dad. I want you to tell me as much as you can.

What was he like? Did you know him well? I was told that I look a lot like him... is that true? What happened with him? Why isn't he around? And why doesn't dad like to talk about him?

I'm sorry if this isn't something you want to talk about... it just feels like something I need to know.

Cameron.

-

"I can't believe he piled on four pages of homework after lecturing us for like an hour," Theo complains as he throws himself into the chair across from me and Daphne. "What a git."

"You're just complaining because you're lazy," Daphne says to him. He scowls at her in response.

"I believe the term is... I have better things to do with my life then doing homework," Theo adds.

"Right... like what?" I ask him.

"Better things... than homework..." he mumbles. "I don't need to explain myself."

"You could just say you're lazy, you know." Daphne continues. Theo's clearly had enough now and is ready to retreat back to his dorm room when the door opens and in comes the guys. All of them, including Riddle.

Theo hasn't spoken to the guys since that morning in class when they made fun of him for something Riddle said. That was a week ago.

I overheard Blaise suggesting the guys get him some of his favourite foods as an apology but even he would see that as a half ass apology. I had to step in. I told them that maybe if they stood up for Theo once in a while instead of always taking Riddle's side, it might make him feel better.

Hopefully they take my advice.

The four of them come over to sit with us. Theo nods at Blaise to say hello. Since he wasn't there when Draco and Enzo were being an ass, he's not mad at him. Obviously he's not mad at him. He didn't do anything.

"Hey you lot," Draco says as he sits down beside us all.

"Welcome back," I say to them. "Did you have fun?"

"Yes, I'd say we had quite a bit of fun." Enzo says with a smirk. "What did you guys do?"

"I bet I know what Nott was doing while we were gone," Riddle says as he motions to his toes. Theo rolls his eyes at him but then something he didn't expect to happen, happened.

"That's not funny and you know it," Draco says firmly. He shakes his head at Riddle and glances at me once. "You know it's not funny, and you know her doesn't like those jokes. That's why you do it, because he hates it."

Theo sits up straight in his chair. It's very clear that he wasn't expecting that.

"Sorry Nott, I never meant to take things too far." Draco says, now directly to Theo.

"I'm sorry too, Nott." Enzo adds.

There was a tense moment of silence before any of them say anything. Daphne and I glance at each other and exchange a knowing look.

"Yeah, whatever. No need to get soft on us." Theo replies finally and we all smile. Well... all of us except Riddle. He looks confused.

"Are you kidding me?" Riddle asks them all.

"Oh please, get over yourself Riddle." I add. "They're friends, real friends. You're just some mean guy."

Riddle looks at me with an angry glare before turning back to see Draco, Enzo, Theo and Blaise all talking and friends again. He looks anything but pleased right now which makes me quite happy.

I smirk at him before going over to the rest of my friends.

"I must admit, you all being here again makes me happy. Good to know you're all on good terms again."

"Oh shut it," Enzo says to me. "You're a git."

"Whatever," I mumble but smile at him. "What's the plans for the night?"

"We could go to the lake, I guess." Enzo suggests.

"And do what?" Daphne asks him.

"I don't know, we could always get drunk." Draco suggests casually. He suggests that like we aren't only fourteen.

As if he was reading my mind, Draco shakes his head. "It's fine. We may be fourteen, but everyone drinks."

I look around the others who seem to be excited about Draco's idea. I can't but the only one not doing it so I might as well try and be excited.

"Fine," I say, giving in to what they all want.

"Yay!" Daphne says excitedly. Enzo and Theo turn to each other and start mumbling to each other.

I suppose we're getting drunk tonight. Not sure if I should be excited or extremely nervous.

-

Cameron,
You've always been curious about your family. I feel like if I don't tell you, you'll just go and find another way to learn it all. Not that you shouldn't know it. It is your family history.

I'm not entirely sure how he would know Professor Moody... he's more of an auror. I'm not sure how he knows Regulus. Your uncle was into some dark things, but of course I couldn't know if that's how he knew him or not.

Your uncle was shy and reserved. He was extremely brave though. Sirius believed that if he was just a little braver, he'd be free from his parents. Regulus kept to himself as much as he could. He had a small group of friends and only trusted very few.

Very much like you. You two both love reading, and prefer it to socializing in real life.

And yes, you both look very similar. I don't know if it's just because you are Sirius daughter, or because you are both related... Either way, yes you do look a lot like he did at your age.

Your father and uncles relationship was complicated. Regulus was scared to leave home and their relationship was never the same after that. The two of them never got along after that because of what his parents did to them.

Your father doesn't like to speak about him because of everything that happened in that house. There is more for me to tell you, and I do not want to do it over a letter. We must speak in person for me to tell you everything. It's too... brutal for you to read about.

I hope you're doing well. Try to have some fun this year. You do deserve to have some fun this year.

Remus.