Chp.2 | First Talk, Won't Be the Last

"No way! I'm not talking to that guy.."

"What? You scared that you'll start blushing?" Childe added,"Oh, mister Xiao~! Please catch me as I faint for your handsome looks!" He mocked in a higher tone.

"Cut it out! —Fine, I'll talk to him. But just this once.."

-

Even if he was nervous, Venti let out a small huff and began to make his way over to Xiao's desk. He had a small, yet visible frown plastered onto his face. His friends all stared at him with amused looks, pretending like they aren't trying to hold back their laughter.

But maybe they should hold it back, they'll all sound like dying hyenas if they don't.

Venti put on his best very-annoyed-but-not-trying-to-look-annoyed-smile and tapped on Xiao's shoulder.

No response. He didn't speak because Xiao had headphones on, but it looked like the guy didn't respond to touch either. Venti tapped again, and this time Xiao flinched as he lifted the headphones from his head, looking up at the other whom towered over his desk.

"What?" Was all Xiao said. Plain and simple, made Venti hate him even more.

Although, Venti didn't plan any of this out..,"Hi..uh...I'm Venti." his eyes furrowed off to the side for a moment,"I'm uh..in your class."

Immediately the boy facepalmed at his own remark. 'I'm in your class'?! Of course I am! I see him everyday!

"Cool." Xiao stated, but right before he was about to put his headphones back on, Venti stopped his hand.

"I uh-was wondering..was wondering if you'd like to..hang out..this weekend.." why..did he say that.

Childe couldn't help but to burst out into laughter in the background.

Venti panicked and spouted something weird, so what?! Ugh..now it sounded like the other was asking him out on a date.

Xiao looked around for a moment before pointing at himself in confusion,"Me?"

Venti paused,"Yes..you. Who else would I be talking to?"

"Ok. Want my phone number? Or maybe my Roblox tag-" Xiao began to question before getting cut off,"No..phone number will do."

He could already tell this guy was a total idiot.

Without another though, Venti pulled out his phone and Xiao put his number in, handing it back to Venti. "There."

Venti read the contact name Xiao placed,'Guy from 3rd period.' This was 4th period. Seriously, was this guy in his head all day thinking about absolutely nothing? Well, he had been dozing off most of the class.

"Ok, that's good..I'll uh, text you..later."

"Ok." Xiao slipped his headphones back on.

As Venti turned back toward his friends he made a face showing utter signs of worry, regret, and disappointment all at the same time. His friends were already laughing.

"Shh! That wasn't funny—I panicked, ok?" He whisper-yelled as he looked at the others.

"You ask someone out when you're panicking?" Childe asked.

"I didn't—ask him out! I like girls—"

"Yeah, right!"

"Ugh!" Venti pouted his bottom lip out as he sat at his desk,"I can't believe I'm gonna have to do this..." he sighed as he looked at the others. Then, glaring at Diluc,"This is your fault!"

"Hey, hey.." Diluc smirked (A very rare sight, have you know.),"You're the one who asked him if he wanted to hang out. Not me."

"You made me pick between my best friend and someone I hate."

"Well, that's sort of how the game works..like, hard choices to make?" Bennett chimed in.

"Oh, be quiet! Aren't you head over heels in love with that Razor guy?" Venti remarked, teasingly.

Bennett huffed,"We're just friends.."

"What is it with this friend group and everyone making each other seem gay?" Childe asked, receiving glares from all of them.

Venti let out a small sigh,"Whatever..I'll just, get out of this situation! I'll say that I'm busy or something—"

"I think we all know you can't do that." Bennett joked.

"I can! Just watch me, I'll prove it."

Just then, the bell rang. Venti got his bag, Childe got his and slung it over his shoulder.

"Bye everyone." Childe waved with a smile as he followed along Venti.

The two soon reached the sidewalk. Despite everyone else taking the buses, since Childe and Venti were neighbors, they liked to walk together.

It was warm out, a beautiful day for a short walk home. Usually it'd be extremely cold or windy—honestly, not the best weather. And Venti wasn't going to wear a super big coat on those days—no, that'd be embarrassing. In the end, Childe would have to bring an extra coat for the other.

"Childe, what should I say to Xiao?" Venti broke the comfortable silence.

"Woah, asking me for dating advice? That's a first." Childe joked,"Well, just tell him you don't wanna hang." Childe wasn't the best one to be asking for advice.

"And—how am I supposed to do that? What if he gets mad at me?"

"He didn't even know you existed up until now, he'll probably just ignore it." Childe slipped his hands into his pockets, as he continued walking.

"You're no help! No one even hangs out with him from what I know. He's always alone, acting so smug as if he's the best one there!"

Childe let out a small chuckle,"Well, we'll just have to see how it goes then."

"I guess."

WORD COUNT ; 919

A/N: sorry if these dudes are a little out of character, it's supposed to represent a more human version of them, and of course, a highschool version. ALSO, NO XIAO POV?!?! I swear, my last Venxiao (that is now finished, you should check it out if you haven't already 😦) only had Xiao pov!!!! It's cuz Xiao could totally play main character lolol