0.1 | Epilogue

Venti was surprised he'd thought this, but things were actually going..well. He'd never thought of what a relationship with Xiao would be like, but Xiao was surprisingly apologetic and worried. It's like he was stepping on an iced over lake.

It didn't seem Xiao had much experience, and neither did Venti. He hadn't told any of his friends yet, and he didn't think he would ever get to that point.

Childe spent weeks feeling upset over what happened, but after awhile, he finally got over it and moved on with his life. He'd realized being stuck on this would not only be bad for him, but the other person as well.

He wouldn't find love for a long time, but when he would, it would be the best decision he'd ever made.

With new confidence, everything was back to normal. Except, Venti was a lot nicer to others. He decided hating on others not knowing their background wasn't the best idea, so he wanted to make a change in himself. Xiao was so much different from what he thought, he felt guilty for judging him so harshly.

With Venti's character development, Xiao's situation also improved.

He was staying over in the guest room at Venti's house, and Xiao's mother finally got into rehab. She cried to him on the phone, he felt upset, but he was kind of happy his mother was changing. It was really for the better. Xiao's mood began to improve too. It was nice to see, and Venti's mother tried to be overly supportive. (She may or may not have spam searched for articles on LGBTQ+ youth to learn more about it.)

Although it was awkward at first, it worked out easily. Going to school, Xiao began to be accepted into the group of Venti's friends. It was nice to have friends, especially if Venti was there with him. He wasn't the most talkative, but Venti's friends thought the little things he did was funny so it was fine.

He felt happy.

Actually, they all felt happy.

Xiao could see himself wishing that this sudden happiness would last forever, until death do them part.

And who's to say it won't?