Chp.27 | Empathy

After Xiao's arm's we're completely wrapped, Childe couldn't help but smile while feeling accomplished.

He was kind of concerned how he got those marks, but he didn't want to pry in case Xiao was uncomfortable. Although it wasn't any of his business, he could at least try to help. It's just the kind of person he is.

"Do you have any more?" Childe asked without really thinking beforehand. He wasn't focused on what he was doing, or who he was helping. But it didn't seem like Xiao had gotten any medical help before.

Xiao paused,"Why do you want to know?"

Honestly, that was a good question. Childe put others before himself all the time, and it reminded him of all of those times his little brother had gotten hurt. "Because..Uh.." maybe making up an excuse? Xiao did seem naive. "I need to use all of this bandage..or else..something will happen."

"What will happen?"

"..Something bad." He looked off to the side. He knew actually lying wasn't the best—but Xiao wouldn't agree otherwise.

Xiao's eyes widened,"Oh.."

"Yeah. So...just tell me if you need more."

"I have some on my stomach and back." Xiao stated. Obviously, he didn't know that was kind of weird.

Dammit. Why did Childe even get himself into this? It was whatever, he'd just..squint his eyes or something. Wait..why should it even matter? They were both guys. Yeah.

"Alright, then stand up and take off your shirt." Shit. That sounded..weird.

Xiao nodded, lifting up his shirt and putting it over his head before setting it down next to him. And sure enough, he was absolutely covered. Actually, on his right shoulder, it almost looked like there was a hand print.

As if someone had gripped extremely hard.

It only got worse as Childe began to see his stomach. There were marks absolutely everywhere. He looked like he wasn't good on being healed quickly. These marks looked weeks old. Xiao was skinny, and slender like. Quickly, the wash of embarrassment from Childe turned into concern.

"Xiao..what—happened?"

Xiao paused,"I just..fall a lot." He shrugged. Although, it was an obvious lie from the monotone boy.

Holy..holy shit. Childe had just stumbled across something he didn't mean to see. He couldn't ignore this though.

He let out a sigh, mustering up the courage as he walked over to Xiao and began to drag the wipe along Xiao's stomach, sides, back, and hesitantly, his chest. There was some blood on the wipe as Childe lifted it. Childe frowned.

"This might feel weird, but you're not going to be able to tie it around yourself anyways." Childe warned before taking the bandages and practically wrapping his arms around Xiao to get to the other side. He wrapped Xiao torso, tying it up around his right shoulder as it met his chest.

God, he looked like a hospital patient from one of those idiotic kids cartoons. "You can..put your shirt back on now." Xiao wasn't sure why Childe looked so upset, but he only abided.

Now, with his short sleeved shirt, and absent jacket, you could see all of the bandages going up his arms.

This wasn't even what Xiao came here for. Childe was just acting from his heart rather than his head.

But then, Childe's mind darted back to the thought of Venti. Venti probably knew about this. They went to each other's houses like..all the time.

"I'm going to message someone real quick. Just hang on for a moment." Childe said as he pulled out his phone.

He stopped scrolling on Venti's contact.

Childe: Venti, this is important
Childe: Did you know about Xiao's issue with his arms and like torso?

VENTI: wdym?

Childe: bruising

VENTI: oh uh
VENTI: ig, yeah
VENTI: but it's not really any of my business so I kind of just stayed out of it I guess

Childe: seriously?

VENTI: well,, yeah,,

Childe: Venti, there was a handprint on his shoulder.

VENTI: you seen his shoulder?
VENTI: wait
VENTI: how do you even know that his torso is bruised?

Childe: It's not anything weird. That doesn't matter. But, this could be something really serious

VENTI: again, that isn't my business,,

Childe: are you being fr?

VENTI: ,,yeah

Childe: whatever

-

Childe put his phone into his pocket, he was extremely livid. But, of course, he couldn't show that. "Xiao, just—tell me what happened."

"I met this girl and she told me that she could help me with Venti."

Childe knew exactly what girl he was talking about. It was so obvious.

Xiao continued,"She found out this girl was confessing to Venti and told me to go talk to her..or something. She told me to ask her about it?" Xiao still didn't even seem to know what that was doing. "And then, Venti came and told me I was messing things up."

Childe looked at Xiao as if he were stupid.

"But, I ended up confessing." Childe's eyes widened at the words, the air suddenly seemed to grow tense.

"And..he ran off." Xiao paused,"Now he won't talk to me."

Oh, Venti. What was going on with him? Why was he acting this way towards Xiao?

"Xiao..I can't offer you much advice but," Childe sighed,"Just..walk with me to school tomorrow." He stated softly, feeling empathetic.

Childe knew what it was like to not have your feelings reciprocated because the guy you liked was straight.

In this case, they'd both liked the same guy. But instead of being jealous, and over protective, Childe felt bad.

Terrible, actually. He was honestly scared for Xiao.

WORD COUNR ; 946

A/N: Lololololololololol Anyways...uhm...JUST WANT TO CLARIFY. This story is not turning into Childe x Xiao, i would literally never; I hate when people change ships mid story. But yeah, Venti WILLLL get his character development and act like his usual self!! Dw!! Also, two updates this week yay