Chp.32 | I Want you to Know

Venti was beginning to think that wasn't him just being uncomfortable. Maybe it was something different. Embarrassment, maybe? Nervousness?

He didn't know..but he just wanted to tell Xiao everything. He wasn't sure if the other even liked him anymore, but it was worth a shot. Wether they'd end up as friends, strangers, or..lovers—god, it made Venti embarrassed just thinking about it.

-

To be completely honest, Venti didn't know what he was doing. He wasn't thinking straight, not thinking like his usual self. But he didn't care. It wasn't going to stop him from walking. He was tired of hurting people just because he was too dense to understand certain things.

What was he going to say? He wasn't sure if he even felt the same way about Xiao. How would his friends reaction? What would it be like going into the future?

There were too many concerns that Venti didn't yet know how to answer.

-

He knocked on Xiao's door. His mother should be at work at this time. He felt so bad just thinking about Xiao's mother.

Xiao walked up to the door, opening it hesitantly. He'd expected his mother to be there, but when he noticed Venti, he immediately hid his face as the door covered one side of it. "Venti?" He muttered, looking off to the side,"Why are you here? You're not supposed to be here.."

"What..? I uh—.." He'd played the scenario of what he'd say over and over in his head beforehand, but now he's just gone blank. "Xiao, I need to speak to you.." he looked absolutely desperate,"Please."

Xiao paused,"Uhm..not right now." He was showing a little more emotion than usual, it almost seemed like fear. Fear? Why though? Was he scared of Venti?

"But—you haven't been to school. I was really worried! I thought something may have happened—and I—.." he stayed quiet for a moment,"I'm sorry, Xiao."

Xiao didn't speak during this apology, and Venti couldn't even tell what emotion the other was feeling.

"I'm really sorry..for everything. The truth is—I got so mad at you because I was jealous. I was jealous of Childe."

"Childe? Why would you be jealous of him?" He finally managed to ask.

"Because—because, I think I like you! I-I know it's stupid—I mean—I acted so rude to you but..I felt happy with you. I mean-I just don't want to loose you." Venti had finally spouted the words he should've just said in the beginning. He was too full of himself to even admit it at first.

"Venti.." is all Xiao could state. He was in complete and utter shock.

"I'm sorry..I know you hate me now, but I just wanted to tell you. I've hurt you so much, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." He kept repeating the same apologies over and over again, he really didn't know what he was doing.

"You don't have to be sorry."

Venti paused.
"What?"

"You're not the reason I haven't been to school."

"Then..why?" Venti asked, nervousness striking his voice.

"Because, I told my mom I liked a boy at school."

Silence.

Venti didn't know what to say. This was bad, right? What happened after? Venti was scared to ask. Why would that cause Xiao not to come to school? "Are..you okay?" He uttered. Those were some words he'd never thought he'd say to someone's coming out.

Xiao smiled,"I'm fine now."

Suddenly, Venti realized Xiao was still covering his face with the door,"I want to see your face." He said.

Xiao stayed silent for a few seconds. "No."

"Why not?" Venti began to tear up again,"Why cant I?" Venti felt he caused something. Why was he tearing up?

Xiao began to fidget, the clicking sound of his finger hitting the door echoed across the silence.

"What happened? Can you be honest with me?" He knew it wasn't good to force it, but he really just wanted to know if Xiao was okay. He was panicking.

Xiao stayed quiet, before backing up and opening the door.

"Oh.." Is all Venti could let out.

Xiao had a red mark on the side of his face.

Venti quickly breathed in, trying to take it in. "Your mother did this, didn't she?"

"What—? Uh.." it was evident on Xiao's face that Venti's hunch was correct.

Venti didn't care if he was making a fool of himself anymore. He leaped towards Xiao, pulling him into a hug. "I'm sorry..I'm sorry, I really am."

Xiao didn't know what to do. Hug back? He was standing there like an idiot as Venti practically cried.

"I'll help you, I promise! I promise, Xiao!" He didn't know when he'd decided to completely drop the act in his head.

"Okay.." Xiao said, a small smile making its way to his face as he slowly began to hug Venti back.

WORDS: 823

A/N: hello, I'm back........anyways, I was thinking of making his mom go to rehab, but idk what Xiao should do in the meantime. Live alone, foster care, adoption? I was thinking of ending it off with a epilogue!