Chp.3 | The Big Meet-Up

As Venti arrived home, he immediately went upstairs and flopped onto his bed; getting his phone from his pocket.

He clicked on the new number, and changed his contact to 'Xiao'.

-

Hey :VENTI

Xiao: Who's this?

Uhh?? I'm the guy you added in 4th :VENTI

Xiao: Oh
Xiao: Ok

This guy was really dry. Honestly, he hadn't expect any less from the narcissistic loner. But still, what excuse could he make for this?

God, he didn't know. He barley did anything in his free time..and-

Xiao: Wanna hang out at my house?
Xiao: We can play Karka together.

Hang on..Karka...? The game that just came out and Venti was too late to get his hands on to the shiny plastic—....Venti was about to do something he may regret.

...No..! Think rationally about this- Venti, come on—Dont do it. You hate this guy, remember—?

                               Give me your address :VENTI

And..he did it anyways.

-

And with that, Venti had already rushed to put his shoes on and went out the door. He looked back at his phone, rereading the address that Xiao had sent him. Rose street..?

Shouldn't be too far from here considering their district..Venti got his phone out and looked at the directions.

Only 7 minutes away..?

Well, ok.

Once he finally reached the destination, he realized that Xiao was..pretty average actually. He had an average house, just a bit under the 'wealthy' title. Like Venti. Honestly, he'd expected this guy to have a mansion or something considering how he acts.

He walked up and knocked on the door lightly, within half a second, the door opened.

"What's your name again?" Xiao asked as he stared at the other.

"..We've been in the same class this entire year—y'know what, never mind. It's Venti."

"Right, Vv—een—ti"

...Was this guy testing him or something? Even if he wasn't, it sure seemed like it. Maybe he was just stupid—whatever.

"..Venti."

"That's what I said."

"...Ok. Um..may I come in?" Gosh, that's the first time Venti had used proper grammar during his Speech in what felt like years.

Xiao only responded with a small nod, moving out of the way to make room for Venti, shutting the door behind him afterwards.

Venti took a look around, and it was still..just a normal house. Except, where were Xiao's parents at? He'd better not ask, that's personal information he doesn't want to know about this guy.

He just needs to play that game and get out of here, as simple as that.

Or maybe..not so simple, considering Venti's annoying addiction to games.

"Ok, so where's your consul?" Venti finally popped the question he'd even shown up for.

Xiao pointed to the upstairs,"My room. You can go ahead,"