Chp.16 | Home

Venti's room was like any other teenage boys. A bit messy, but clean enough to call it a living space. There were a lot of posters, especially of girls. Well, this was about to be an interesting way to finish off Xiao's day.

"So," Venti shut the door behind Xiao,"I have a lot of video games we could try playing!"

-

Xiao stood silent for a moment,"You said I was bad at video games, though."

"Ah, this one's easy! I'll teach you so all those games you have don't go to waste, ok?" Venti smiled brightly. Honestly, he didn't usually act this enthusiastic around friends. He'd wondered if it was different because it was Xiao.

Ehh—? No! That was a weird thought..

Vent shook his head and got back into the topic, he knew he said it was easy..but a shooting game isn't that bad, right?

His tv screen lit up as he turned it on, handing a controller to Xiao, with a smile. "Don't worry, you can be player 1 this time."

He started up the game. Xiao immediately flinched at the loud intro of the game.

"I don't play this game much, but it's still pretty fun." He leaned back on the side of his bed.

Xiao just nodded, showing a look of concern—or rather, fear. Was he this scared of it?

Venti nudged him in a friendly manner,"Don't worry, it isn't that bad, hehe!"

"W-Who said I was scared...? I'm n-not..."

Well, he kind of just admitted it, just by his tone of voice. You cant stutter that much and say you aren't scared at the same time.

Venti huffed,"Riiight~!"

-

A few minutes into the game, Xiao was panicking. He kept asking Venti questions, like,'Where do I go?' 'What do I do?' Or even ones that had nothing to do with the game, he was just asking if Venti knew the people that was playing the game with them.

But, Venti only reassured himself. Xiao was absolutely terrible at video games, he was almost getting scared that there wasn't any hope.

As Xiao died for the 17th time, Venti decided he could at least help a little bit. He took hold of Xiao's controller, Venti's hands being placed atop of the others.

"Look, you just gotta look at who's around you. Shoot anyone that's in blue—those are the bad guys!" Venti hadn't even realized the situation. But, he knew one thing for sure. Xiao's hand was—really soft for a guy's.

Did he use lotion everyday or something? Xiao looked at Venti, silently staring. Venti looked back.

He immediately backed away, grabbing his own controller again. "Sorry—..I didn't realize.." Venti let out a small, nervous laugh as he continued to play the game.

"I think I get it now." Xiao stated after Venti pulled away—and Xiao actually shot a bullet! It didn't really go towards a person though, he probably has to work on aiming still...

"Ah, good job! Here, get those guys over there! Aim that red arrow at them!" Venti said, full of pride.

Finally, Xiao obeyed. And—he actually shot someone! "Ah! I got them!" His smile grew wide, his eyes looking absolutely star struck. "Venti, did you see that?!" Xiao laughed. He was so happy.

Venti,"I knew you could do it!"

And, without thinking, Xiao hugged on to Venti. It went silent. The only thing that was heard in the room was the sound of shooting from the game.

"Ah—" Venti let out in shock, his eyes widening slightly. His face was a light shade of pink, all the way to the tips of his ears.

"Oh—..sorry." Xiao tried to back up slightly, but instead of getting yelled at like he expected, Venti hugged him.

"It's ok!" Venti smiled brightly. "I'm glad you actually hugged me! That's the first time you did that!"

Xiao couldn't help but to feel warm inside, those words..hit him. Like a dart, and he was the center. He furrowed his eyes off to the side.

For the first time in awhile, Xiao felt happy.

Really happy.

-

Xiao didn't stay for much longer, he wanted to get home on time. The two quickly said their goodbyes to each other, and Xiao set off home.

Even though he hated being there, it wasn't so bad. At least his dad isn't there, too.

He got a key out of his pocket and unlocked the door,"I'm home." He stated softly.

"About damn time." His mother responded. Of course, she was on the couch. She looked like she'd been crying, her eyes were red.

Xiao paused. For some reason, he felt sorry. "Are you ok?"

"The hell kind of question is that? Go upstairs before I actually give you something to worry about."

Ok, well, maybe he shouldn't have asked,"Right, sorry, ma'am." He bowed, going upstairs to his room.

This was more or less, how it was everyday. He's just lucky that sadness from his mother didn't turn into frustration, otherwise it would've been bad.

She wasn't always like this. Really, it was that guys fault. That's the reason she's like this.

He sighed, he was getting pissed off for no reason. Xiao lied down on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. He'd wondered if it would be different if he just wasn't born or something.

That was a problem too, right? He heard about how angry his father got when he realized the mistake he'd made.

That mistake was Xiao.

What else could it be?

WORD COUNT ; 930

A/N; MATERIAL GWORL 💁💁