Chp.20 | A New Friend

A/N; I'm on my pc right now but I currently have to edit this because I messed up. I was rereading and realized the days are mixed up----------T_T

-

I guess this is what they mean by how introverts become totally different person when discussing the things they like. And in this scenario—it's about romance manga. What a strange girl.

-

Hisso and Xiao walked home together after that. Of course, not to Xiao's liking. It couldn't be helped though.

-

The next morning, Hisso immediately ran up to Xiao. "Xiao!" She called, Xiao turning to look back at her. 

Hisso then grabbed his hand, Xiao visibly flinched. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna try anything..but this is step number one!" She smirked lightly,"Making Venti jealous!" Despite the decent advice, her face said anything other than decent. It was practically like she was drooling as she giggled to herself...what a weirdo.

Xiao just nodded, trying to ignore that ungodly expression plastered onto her face.

She looked so innocently quiet before—Xiao would've never guessed she'd really been so creepy...

-

They walked in to class together, luckily, their class was shared with Venti. Even if Xiao had just figured that out now..

Couldn't blame him though. He was always sleeping or not paying attention to anything. Well, on second thought, maybe that was also his fault.

Immediately, the two felt eyes on them. This was a win win situation honestly. Hisso got to see a Wattpad scenario in real life, as well as getting some popularity over this fake thing with Xiao. And, well, Xiao got to get a boyfriend—in forever.

Xiao's thoughts were definitely different from Hisso's though. He was half doing this because he was scared of Hisso—and Hisso 100% thought this would work.

Xiao looked around awkwardly, but Hisso just kept holding onto his hand.

Whispers filled the room. But one persons eyes stuck out to Xiao. Venti's. They looked shocked, and he looked as if he couldn't even get a word out in response to all this.

Xiao couldn't blame him, though. He'd wondered, what would Venti's actual reaction be? Was he just going to congratulate him? Probably.

He didn't except Venti to care in the slightest.

Xiao felt awkward with Venti staring so much, so he pulled his hand away from the girls and went to go sit down in his desk.

"Woah~ who made Mr.Popular go soft?" One of the girls said in remarks to each other.

So annoying. He hated attention. He just attempted to ignore it as he started doodling on some paper from his bag. This was usually how he'd pass time.

-

The end of the day arrived quickly. Venti immediately walked over to Xiao before the bell rang. "Xiao!" They hadn't been able to speak all day.

Xiao hummed in confusion, looking up.

"You got a girlfriend?" Venti seemed to be in awe.

He huffed slightly. He felt bad for lying to Venti, but Hisso said this was the plan, right? Even if Xiao didn't fully agree with it.. "Something like that.."

Venti paused for a moment before smiling,"Congrats'!"

Of course it would turn out like that. Xiao didn't expect much anyways. So, he just stared slightly at the other.

"Eh? Something wrong?"

Xiao didn't respond to this, either. He just placed his bag around his shoulder and stood up. There was no point to this, as Xiao had thought prior. Hisso would probably be disappointed, wouldn't she? "I'll be going now."

"Wait! Why don't we walk together?"

Xiao stopped for a second, but out of the corner of his eye he could see a certain Ginger looking annoyed. "Why don't you walk with Childe today?"

"Oh? Uh..sure.." Venti was partially confused. He'd wondered why Xiao was acting like this all for he sudden. Did Venti say something wrong? Or maybe Xiao was still mad about what happened before. Even though Xiao didn't seem like the type to hold grudges.

With that, Xiao nodded and left the area. He didn't look back, so all Venti could really see was him leaving. He was so confused—he felt like he'd missed something.

Venti looked back towards Childe. And to his surprise, Childe looked a little stunned too. Venti walked up to Childe,"We should probably go."

"Oo! They're finally making up!" Bennett shouted from across the room, spinning in the rolly chair he took from the teacher.

"Making up?" Venti tilted his head slightly to the side,"But we never fought?"

"Ah—never mind that! Bennett is just being like he always is." Childe glared at the excited boy.

"Oh—my bad." Bennett remarked, now spinning in circles.

"Be careful before you fall out of that." Diluc stated, also sending a glare towards Bennett.

"You can't tell me what to do—!" And before he could even get another word out, he fell.

Diluc sighed,"You're helpless." He scowled before looking toward the other two. "You two go on, you're not going to wait here all day just to get home; are you?"

"Oh, you're right!" Venti smiled,"Bye then!"

Then, the two walked off together. It was silent. Venti felt awkward, why though? Childe was his best friend, he shouldn't be feeling like that, right?

Then, Venti suddenly broke the silence,"How have you been?"

Childe huffed slightly,"I've been alright."

It was kind of hard to think that they'd been so close just a few weeks ago. What exactly happened. "I'm..sorry for not walking with you lately."

"It's alright, I get it." Childe said gently, Venti smiled at that. "I know you just wanted to see Xiao—maybe it is enemies to lovers after all!" (This is a reference to the first chapter.)

And just like that, Venti's smile immediately dropped into one full of embarrassment and anger. "Hey! That's not true at all!"

"Oh really?" Childe laughed a little bit. "Keep telling yourself that~!"

"No! Seriously! He got a girlfriend today."

Childe's eyes widened slightly,"Is that why he didn't want to walk with you today?"

Venti pouted,"Ugh..I don't know. He got all weird after I congratulated him."

Childe stayed silent for a second.

"You ok, Childe?"

"Ah-oh! Yeah, I'm alright." It seemed he'd realized something. But that was just a coincidence, right?

WORD COUNT ; 1018

A/N; HEHEHEHEHJEEHEHEHEHEHEHE HISSO IS SO FUN TO WRITE