Chp.29 | #MakeUpBreakUp

"You want to know how I'm feeling? If I'm okay?" Venti questioned. But surprisingly, Xiao didn't nod because he didn't catch the hint of sarcasm like usual. He just stood there.

Venti paused, and then, Xiao looked away from him. "Xiao, listen." Venti's voice was no longer cold, rather, it seemed soft,"You don't even realize..—" his breathing hitched as he struggled to continue,"how much I've been trying to hate you.."

-

Xiao looked back at Venti, but to his surprise, Venti didn't have a warm smile on his face while saying this. He didn't have a cold, frustrated expression. Or his usual, sinister, sly grin which Xiao liked so much.

No, Venti was crying.

"Venti—" Xiao looked confused.

"I just—I can't, though.." Venti stated, his eyebrows furrowing into one of sadness. His eyes glistened as tears suddenly began to fall down his cheeks. "And I don't know why.."

Venti sniffled, feeling a bit embarrassed as he put a hand up to wipe his tears. But, instead, Xiao did it for him. He placed a soft hand onto Venti's cheek as he swiped a tear with his thumb,"I'm..—I'm sorry." Xiao was hurting Venti. 'How selfish could I be', Xiao thought with a frown. "I'm really sorry.."

Venti's face became a bright pink,"You're—you're sorry?" He said, his voice raising slightly,"I-I'm the one who should be sorry" he stuttered out, speaking a bit louder.

"I shouldn't have confessed to you.., I made you sad.." he finally said what has been on his mind, looking regretfully toward the other boy. Xiao then began to tear up.

Venti stiffened, Xiao didn't even know what this was about. Venti moved from the others grasp,"Forget it.." he said, turning his head away. He didn't notice the others tears.

"Wait—I.." Xiao had messed up again, how? He wasn't even sure. He didn't know anything, but he tried. He really tried to understand Venti's feelings.

Venti wiped his own remaining tears away, not wanting to confront the other any longer. He didn't even..know where he was getting at with this. He looked frustrated now.

Another person had walked into the bathroom, looking a bit worried, before seeing the exact person he was looking for. Childe was wanting to give them some time alone to talk, but knew Xiao and Venti all too well to know this was too long. And, he didn't want them to fight. He didn't want Xiao to feel hurt.

Childe was right, though. The sight before him, Childe's soft express formed into an angered one.

Venti, looking away from Xiao, frustrated. While Xiao looked helplessly at Venti, tears finally falling from his eyes as he seemed scared.

"Venti.." Childe looked at him like the other had betrayed him or something, before walking over to the other, and..punching him. Venti let out a groan, holding his cheek before his nose began to bleed.

"Why—why did you do that?!" Venti shouted, feeling confused. Xiao looked confused as well.

Childe muttered under his breath before saying,"You know why, Venti. You're being selfish, treating Xiao like absolute garbage. You don't even care that he's crying!"

Venti's eyes widened for a second,"Xiao's crying?" He looked back at Xiao, and sure enough, the other was crying. He looked shocked, actually. Venti didn't even notice beforehand because he'd turned his head in defeat.

No, Venti didn't mean for this to happen. He just..felt tired. He didn't want to hurt Xiao. Before Venti could say anything in response, Xiao ran out.

"Xiao!" Venti called, before receiving a glare from Childe,"I can't believe you sometimes. He's tried all week to make it up to you."

Venti then looked confused,"But—he's been with you all week.."

"Yeah, he asked me for help because I'm close to you." Childe stated coldly.

So, all that time, Xiao was helplessly trying to make up with Venti? And Venti just..got jealous because of it? Yes, he'd admit it. He was jealous. And, he didn't care at this point. "I—should.." Venti paused, before shaking his head.  "I need to apologize to Xiao!" His voice was now more stern, but Childe didn't protest. He knew Xiao and Venti both needed this.

Even if Venti would fade away from him, he just..wanted him to be happy.

Venti made his way down the hallways, desperately trying to find Xiao.

He was stopped by some random teacher,"Where's your hall pass?" She asked, looking mad.

Venti paused, tensing up as he tried to think of an excuse,"Uhm..I.." he looked off to the side,"I just..came back to school after a doctor's appointment."

The teacher looked at Venti skeptically for a second before muttering something about,'These damn kids'. "Hurry up and get your ass to class." He assumed that meant he was let out, he scurried down the halls once more.

He looked absolutely everywhere. Honestly, he was so out of breath he may as well need an inhaler at this point. Where did Xiao go? Then, he'd remembered something. He should call the other.

He swiftly pulled his phone out of his pockets, hurrying to put his password in as he searched through contacts eagerly. "Come on.." he whispered to himself, before reaching Xiao's.

He rushed to the call button, crossing his fingers as it began to ring, and ring,...and ring.

It ringed, but then suddenly stopped.

Xiao didn't pick up, and something told Venti that Xiao wasn't going to pick up anytime soon.

WORD COUNT; 925