Chp.10 | Confrontation | The Real Truth

Bennett sighed, putting an arm around Venti's shoulder. "Stay strong, man..stay strong."

Despite the laughable thing Bennett said, Venti didn't feel like laughing. He shook Bennett's hand off of him, and simply left. But..that wasn't the way to his class?

-

Venti went off to the restrooms. He didn't need to use the bathroom, though. No, he was skipping.

He pulled his phone out to send a quick text message to a certain someone.

-

VENTI: Meet me at the restrooms on the 2nd floor.
Seen by Xiao 1:01 pm

-

He didn't have to wait too long until Xiao met him. He knew they were skipping class—but this was important. He needed to confront this, even if he did get in trouble for being caught.

"Xiao." Venti said sternly, as he noticed the other male walk in. Xiao looked sort of nervous.

He almost felt bad doing this—but he was too mad to realize. "You made her cry! What's wrong with you?!"

Xiao stayed silent for a moment, he knew it would be something like this. Guess Venti didn't want to be his friend, after all.

"Huh? Answer me!" Venti yelled. Why was he getting so worked up over a girl that didn't even care for him?

"I don't know." Xiao stated, calmly.

"You don't know what!?"

"I don't know what's wrong with me." Xiao hated fights. He hated being yelled at more than anything. But it happened enough times to where he didn't even show much of a reaction.

Why did he have to read a letter that would just be insults to him? He didn't want that.

But, for some reason, Xiao's reply to this made Venti even more upset than he already was. So, he did something without thinking.

He grabbed Xiao's shirt collar, as Xiao was forced to the wall. Was he really going to start a fight over this girl?

No—that wasn't it at all! Venti never liked Xiao! He never felt sympathy for him, not one bit. Xiao had always been stuck up! He's just a narcissist who thinks he's better than everyone—including that girl.

Xiao didn't even look at him. He just..furrowed his eyes towards the ground.

That..that. Was what set Venti off. So, without another thought, he punched the other.

What really pissed Venti off is the fact that Xiao didn't even make an angry expression at first, he just stared there in shock.

"Mmgh, let go of me." Xiao finally let out, after a few seconds of silence. He struggled out of Venti's grasp, immediately running out of the room.

Xiao didn't need Venti. He just needed himself.

That's how it's always been.

So, he just walked away in silence. Venti didn't have time to catch up. Nor, did he really want to.

This is how it's meant to be..but Venti hadn't spoken his mind yet. So, he did the only thing he'd thought of doing, and ran after him.

"Xiao!" Venti said sternly, as he ran after him in the halls.

Xiao paused. He felt..dizzy. Really dizzy. Maybe it was from that punch earlier, or all the running, maybe even a bit of stress; but he felt like he was about to fall...

Oh god. Xiao began to slow down because of this, and that gave Venti just enough time to catch up.

"Hey, I have a question." He said, Xiao's back facing him. "Why are you always like this?!"

Xiao didn't respond to this.

"Ugh, never mind! You're on your own—" Venti began to say before Xiao had seemed to loose balance in his legs.

"Hck..dammit." He put his hand over his mouth. This was bad.

"What the—" Venti remarked, confused.

Xiao just stood there, trying to keep himself from throwing up right then and there. This was so stupid. Maybe it was because he hadn't aten anything last night since his mother was still mad at him over Venti coming in.

He knew nothing good would come out of interacting with Venti. Even then, he just desperately wanted someone to care about him. He wanted a friend. He wanted someone to be there for him.

Because no one ever was. All they did was stare, and stare, and run away every time the boy would turn his back to them.

He absolutely hated it.

So, he didn't care anymore. If Venti hated him, that is. "Leave me alone." He managed to choke out. He just wanted to be alone. If he got caught skipping, his mother would hate him for it. Although, it's not too far from how it is right now.

Venti let out a huff, quickly reclaiming his prior mind-state. "You know, I wasn't gonna say this..but, I feel like I have to." his expression quickly formed into a scowl. "I've always hated you. You're annoying and—you think too highly of yourself! I never once liked you, not one bit."

That. That was just cruel. Idiotic even. Xiao stood up straight, it seemed like the air had thickened around the two. "'Highly' of myself..? You don't know what I've been through! You know absolutely nothing about my life."

Xiao's breath quickened, he had never talked back to someone like this. "You'll never understand. Any of you! All you guys do is just mess with me. You talk about me, stare at me like I'm some freak, and it's always ME TO BLAME!" He took a deep breath,"I just wish people would leave me alone!" And with that, tears rolled down his cheeks.

It's like he had been keeping this in forever. Venti was..pretty much speechless.

"Gh!" He covered his mouth, running to the bathroom stalls. All Venti could do was stand there. He'd never expected Xiao to—yell back at him like that.

The guy was always just quiet, like he was in his own world. Did Xiao really view everything like that..or was he just lying?

There's no way..the Xiao, whom Venti had hated for months, wasn't actually who Venti thought he was?

WORD COUNT ; 1015

A/N; Ya'll not gonna like THIS one... HELP.. Anyways, Inspo: Isabella's and mirabel's fight scene in encanto👨‍🦲👨‍🦲
Sorry if it felt like this was moving fast????😭😭 Just...needed character development 👨‍🦲👨‍🦲👨‍🦲👨‍🦲👨‍🦲👨‍🦲👨‍🦲

ANYWAYS!!! Your vote here. Just comment under the one you want

1. Venti tries to make it up to Xiao after realizing what happened

2. Venti dismisses what happened, and starts to avoid Xiao