Chp.22 | Who's Confessing to Who?

Hisso and Xiao ended up exchanging numbers,' for business purposes. Xiao told Hisso to just give up and stop trying to help him since he had already concluded that Venti wouldn't be swayed any time soon. Not to mention the fact that Xiao was a man.

Not a pretty woman like Kokomi or that small group of girls that are always chatting to their heart's content about the obnoxious male.

They had incredibly long eyelashes, dolly, big eyes, a rounded chest, and a waist that slims into a size that seems almost impossible. Their long hair goes down past their shoulders, unlike Xiao's.

And what exactly was Xiao? Well, as his mother describes him, a sensitive, monotone brat. She was right. Maybe, just maybe, if he was normal, he wouldn't be feeling so helplessly miserable right now whilst thinking of a straight man. Suddenly, a ding came from his phone. It was Hisso, the girl that was attempting to help him despite his constant reassurance that he knew it wouldn't work out.

-

Hisso: Xiao, can we plsss talk??? Im at the park rn, I reylyy y eneed to tell u sumthign

Wow, she was a bad typer. Well, it's a given considering how many cracks are on her phone. It's practically covered in scratches.

Xiao: about what?

Hisso: know time 44 queditons, jusgt pls pls pls cum D; its impotent

Xiao: Impotent?

Hisso: IMPORTANT*****

Xiao: Ok.

Xiao: I'm coming.

Hisso: OK AJDAPODJ TTHTANK YOU

-

That..was weird. Extremely weird. He was honestly glad he found out what blocking was a few weeks ago, because based on this, it may very well come in handy.

Well, there's no sense in wasting time anyways. But, if this is what Xiao thought it was about, it was pointless. He didn't want to make Venti uncomfortable. That's the exact opposite of what he wants. That's why he just doesn't want to keep doing all of this. Maybe he should tell Hisso straight up, that he doesn't want to do this anymore.

She'd probably get disappointed.

Whatever. He let out a small sigh as he slipped a gray hoodie over his white t-shirt. His mother was probably sleeping in, so as long as he's quick, he should be alright.

-

The park was already pretty close. He used to go here all of the time when things annoyed him at home. Soon, he spotted Hisso. She was looking at her phone, looking worried. Did something happen? What was the actual reason he was called out here so fast?

"Are you alright?" He asked, staring blankly at the shorter girl. She flinched slightly at the voice.

"Xiao! Emergency!" Hisso immediately jumped up to say. She seemed to be getting straight to the point, not even a hello.

"Look at this!" Hisso pointed her phone at Xiao, not even realizing the basic rules of personal space as she felt completely panicked.

Xiao looked confused at first, but after a few seconds, his eyes widened slightly. The photo was a Snapchat story. It was of a really pretty girl. She had long, dark blonde hair and dark brown fox-like eyes.

That wasn't what Xiao was surprised about, though. He was surprised a the caption.

Almost automatically, Xiao read it aloud as his eyes scanned across the screen. "I am going to confess to Venti on Monday.." He stayed silent for a moment.

Hisso spoke up, "It was on her private story! They were talking about it in the group chat I'm in, too. She's liked him for a while now.." Hisso frowned, "We could try and do something! Knowing Venti, he'll jump for any girl that confesses to him. Ah!" Hisso's expression brightened up slightly, "Maybe you could confess first-"

"I don't care."

Hisso looked up in confusion, her smile fading as she began to speak, "But--"

Again, she was cut off by that same, monotone voice. "I already told you, Hisso. I never needed your help, nor did I ask for it. You and I both know he's straight." He glared. "Were you actually trying to help me or were you just setting me up to be humiliated?" His expression grew from plain to cold in seconds.

Hisso was so confused. She's never seen Xiao mad before. She just stared in shock.

"I don't get why it was such a big deal anyway." Xiao finally stated, turning off.

Hisso couldn't say anything. She knew that if she did, she would just be annoying. Why was Xiao so dismissive about it? Then, she realized.

Maybe it wasn't dismissiveness at all. Rather, it seemed like Xiao already imagined this outcome. He seemed like he was just trying to not be upset over it.

-

Xiao would lay silently on his bed. Why did he want to feel disappointed? He knew he didn't deserve it. Venti was straight. Maybe the entire reason Venti kept hanging out with Xiao was because of pity.

He wouldn't cry. He saw someone on Roblox saying that crying was 'emo'; and whatever that meant, Xiao didn't want to be it.

Xiao wasn't one to cry often. But he sure as hell wish he could just get it out sometimes.

Whoever that girl was, Venti would probably start dating. They would laugh together, hold hands, and kiss. Why was he still thinking about this, again? That wasn't any of Xiao's business.

He's happy Venti could find someone. Even if that someone wasn't him, and will never be him, it still deserved congratulations. Right, Xiao shouldn't be upset about something so stupid.

He should just be quiet like always.

WORD COUNT ; 905