Chp.33 | Dating?

It had been a week since the apology. Things were a lot different after they made him, Xiao would even occasionally spend the night at Venti's house. He was out of the house a lot more often, just so he could hang out with Venti.

Xiao felt absolutely star struck, he'd never felt like this before, it was odd.

He was playing some games with Venti before their gameplay was cut off by a question from Venti,"So..what are we exactly?" He asked, hesitantly looking over to Xiao.

That question, he didn't know what to respond,"What do you mean?" He asked, feeling confused.

"I mean..what is our relationship?"

Xiao had never really given it a thought. He was just blindly following along with Venti, because, he was just happy to be by his side and hang out with him. "I don't know."

"Well," Venti paused,"I was asking because.." he wasn't sure how to finish his sentence; and it was obvious he was getting embarrassed. "I think I don't mind..another term." He didn't want to be vague with it, but it had came out that way regardless.

Xiao tilted his head to the side a bit,"Like what?"

Was he really going to make Venti say it? Venti let out a small huff,"I mean—boyfriends, y'know?" He muttered, neglecting eye contact.

Xiao had a sudden realization, and then his face flushed,"—Boyfriends?" He seemed a little shocked by Venti's suggestion. What was he supposed to say to that? Obviously, he didn't mind the thought of dating Venti, but it was shocking regardless.

"Yeah..boyfriends—" Venti stayed silent for a moment,"U-Unless you're uncomfortable! I know I acted kind of messed up, and I'm sorry! I was just wondering...because, we both kind of like each other.." to be completely honest, Venti didn't know how much he'd liked Xiao, but it seemed to be like that for awhile now.

"Yeah, we do—wait, we do?" Xiao questioned,"You—like me? In what way?"

Venti paused, did he seriously never tell Xiao? Was he stupid or something? He was even more embarrassed now, he hadn't planned on confessing today,"In—a romantic way, y'know?" His voice was quiet.

"Ah—"

Xiao wasn't sure what to say, or even where to look, but he'd felt his face heat up in an instant. "Can I..kiss you?" He couldn't believe he'd even asked such a thing, feeling nervous at his own remark.

Venti was also taken by surprise, he'd never thought of Xiao to be the person to start things. He always seemed so quiet and dense. Venti took a deep breath, before gently grabbing Xiao's face and giving him a soft peck on the lips.

Venti wasn't used to this thing, nor was Xiao. The whole thing was still so weird to Venti, but he didn't want to loose Xiao again regardless.

The kiss was so tender. Venti's hand was shaking, not sure where to lead next. He didn't want to mess up, he didn't want to scare Xiao off. But, it looked like he didn't have to make the second move.

Xiao collided their lips together once again, closing his eyes as he'd seen in the movies. He was treating Venti so delicately, and Venti was the same. They were just two boys trying to figure out a relationship.

They hadn't heard the door opening. His mom really needs to learn how to knock.

"Venti—?" The voice from behind them questioned, a shocked, scared voice.

Venti jumped up, immediately getting away from Xiao as he looked at the other,"Mom?"

This was embarrassing—oh my god.

Oh my god?

Oh my god.

"Mom—it isn't what it looks like—" Venti panicked, standing up almost in an instant. Xiao sat there awkwardly, but decided he should stand too.

Venti's mom didn't know what to say,"Sorry—I forgot to knock.." She said, in a quiet tone. She reached to shut the door, before getting stopped by Venti.

"Ah—Mom! Hang on!" He bowed,"I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!"

His mother paused.

Venti was scared, what reaction would he get? Would his mother forbid him from seeing Xiao ever again? Would he not even be able to text Xiao? Or worse, would she tell Xiao's mom?

"It's okay, dear." The soft words she let out, calmed Venti in almost an instant.

She continued with a calm voice,"Sorry for startling you...but, I don't mind who you like." She stated, her voice still a bit shaken up.

"Really?" Venti questioned.

"Yes..." She said, not being able to keep eye contact. It was obvious she was feeling nervous,"I respect you, Venti. I want you to know that, you don't have to hide things from me." These words were genuine.

It's so embarrassing she found out this way.

"Uh..Okay.." He stated, his mother quickly rushed away, shutting the door behind her.

He paused, before turning back around to Xiao.

Xiao spoke,"So...does this mean we're dating?"

WORD COUNT;838