Chp.7 | Rethinking It

He knew one thing for sure after that, he definitely did not want to give this letter to the narcissist by the name of Xiao.

He could already imagine the two dating. Xiao would probably be rude to her all the time, given his tendencies. He was jealous, jealous of Xiao getting cute girls to fall for him without even doing anything. All he did was sat there, what was so great about him anyways?

The scenarios in his head already began playing.

"Please accept me, Mister Xiao!" He acted out in a higher voice.

"I should've rejected you! You're so annoying and STUPID!" His voice grew deeper than his normal one.

"Nooooo! I'm sorry!"

Venti huffed, and began in the deeper voice,"I like Venti now!" He paused,"Wait I meant to say that in the girl voice—HANG ON."

-

He clenched the note in his hand slightly. He was now in his room. What was he going to do though? He really didn't want for the girl to be upset.

Tell her she was just rejected? No, the rumors would spread and eventually Xiao would find out..probably beat him up or something.

Venti's imagination ran blank. Should he just..give Xiao the note? For the girls sake?

There's a chance they'd date, but Xiao would probably be super mean to her..and then Venti could comfort her and then it would all work out for him in the end! Or maybe Venti was just thinking too much.

This isn't a Wattpad story, that probably wouldn't happen.

Maybe..he should just ask Childe what to do.

He got out his phone, getting straight to the point as he typed.

VENTI: Childe, can I come overrrr? I wanna talk about something☹️

Childe: Sure, is everything alright?

VENTI: Everything's fine, I just need help with something

Childe: Ok, the doors are unlocked. My parents are out again.

-

And with that, Venti quickly said his goodbyes to his mom and left the house to go to Childe's.

-

He knocked on the door gently. Obviously, Childe was sick..but Venti didn't like school anyways. So who cares if he gets sick too? At least he won't have to walk home by himself again. His mom panics about even the smallest bit of complaints—like, if he said his head hurts, she'd take him to the doctors immediately and let him skip out on school.

Soon enough, Childe answered the door with a smile; stepping back to let Venti in.

"Let's..go to your room!" Venti stated as soon as he'd seen Childe.

Childe nodded, leading Venti up to his room. Honestly, Venti didn't even know why he was panicking so much. It's just a love letter..by a cute girl..that was meant for the guy he hates instead of him. Ok, scrap that! He should totally be panicking right now!

Plus, he really did need someone else's thought about this. It wasn't the biggest situation, but he could always count on Childe for help when he's confused.

-

"So..a 'cute' girl gave you a love letter..but it turned out it was just for Xiao, because you two have been hanging out recently? But the problem is you hate Xiao and you're only hanging out with him because of that dare?"

"..Yes. Is that bad?"

Childe let out a small sigh,"Look, Venti. The best I can say is to just give it to him." He shrugged. "It's his choice wether he accepts it or not."

"..You're right. I'd hate seeing them in a relationship though—" he frowned.

"Either way, it's not up to you to decide that." Childe patted him on the shoulder, smiling,"Just go give it to him."

"Right, ok! I'll do it!"

"..When, exactly?" Childe asked.

Venti thought for a moment. Would it be ok to go to his house right now? It was after school, so Xiao's mom was probably at work right now. Right? But sometimes his mom comes home early—ah, it'd probably be fine.

His mom is usually quiet, so it's not like she'd be the one there to answer the door. Ahaha..ha.

"I was thinking maybe I could do it right now." He stated, getting out of his thoughts. Childe only nodded.

"Then you better hurry."

Venti smiled,"Bye, Childe!" Just as he turned, he could've sworn he'd seen a wistful smile appearing on Childe's face. But, when he turned around, it was just his normal, cheery expression.

He was probably overthinking things, because he's stressed.

"Bye." Childe waved.

-

It was raining outside. Gosh, the weather was always like this—except for some days. But those days were very rare. It was usually just really cold, and sometimes it'd even rain like it was right now.

Was that why Childe told him to hurry? Ugh..

He already memorized Xiao's street, despite his terrible memory with names. So, he ran with his jacket placed above his head. Although, the water just soaked through it.

He had the letter in his pocket, completely dry still.

He wasn't even really sure what he was going to say. 'Hey, this girl gave you a love letter on my way home! I was upset by it at first, because she's cute, but I gave it to you anyways even though I hate you!' He can't say that!

Jeez, he'll just think of something when he gets there. That sounds good.

-

And, he was there. It was still raining pretty heavily, and for a 7 minute walk in the rain, it wasn't as cool as those sad Tiktok teenagers made it out to be.

He was hesitant at first, but he lifted his hand and softly knocked on the door.

No response.

A car was outside in the driveway, so there had to be someone here.

He knocked again, but this time a bit heavier.

And, after a few seconds of waiting, he declared that he's probably busy.

As he turned around to leave, suddenly the door opened softly.

"Hello?" A deep, brooding voice answered. Venti turned around, that voice was deep..for a woman.

Staring at him, was a tall girl with dark, jet black hair and plain yellow eyes; like Xiao's.

She was wearing a uniform-type outfit, but it was kind of messed up. The tie was off too.

"Oh—hello. Uh, I was going to give something to my..classmate, Xiao."

If he straight up said he hated Xiao, he probably would've been told to leave immediately.

He's guessing this is the others mom.

"Ah, did he sleep in class again and not do his work?" Although it was pretty dark out because of the rain and cloudiness, Venti could've sworn he'd seen the woman roll her eyes.

"Come in, it's raining out."

"Oh—no, I really should get goi-" before he could finish,

"Come on. You can have some tea." She said, much more sternly than before.

Venti only nodded, shaken up. But, she was offering him tea..maybe she was just a strict parent? Only god knows.

He walked in, nervously.

WORD COUNT ; 1180

A/N: Hiiiiihhihiuii I wanted to say thank you so much to @kazuhasautumn for helping me with these chapters I'm putting out!!! Really helps me with ideas and stuff!