2

Lisa believed her mother and thought it made sense, and she was right, but she never actually know why he would only give her cold shoulders and never thought of actually interacting to her, even a mere smile from him was impossible.

She knew she shouldn't worry about him that much but his furrowed brows and sharp dark eyes bothered her, until to the point where she started growing a huge fear and anxiety upon only hearing his name.

It's not that he'll do something to harm her, but it's something he would certainly do.

Her body had flinched instinctively in response to the loud snap of an arrow shooting the defenseless bird into the last flock of its wings.

Jungkook's eyes gradually shifted toward her direction to which her heart pounded in horror.

It's the same cold stare he'd always give in her way, seemingly filled with hatred and disgust.

But this time it nearly felt like it was hinting at something akin to a warn.

Her way back inside the castle was frightening rather than sorrowful, though witnessing the things she adored have their life ripped away by the hands of a ruthless person was depressing—however, it was terrifying too.

As the sun had settled it's way down to have it's rest, the moon, who had taken its position, was once again accompanied by an uneasy atmosphere that had formed inside the dining space.

The clattering of plates and cutlery was overbearing the deafening silence until the king cleared its throat, drawing everyone's attention.

"so Lisa, you'll turn in your eighteenth next week. have you decided which theme you're pushing for?" Lisa's father arched an eyebrow, looking at her direction as he waited for her response.

She hesitantly shake her head, implying that she haven't decided on a theme for her birthday party yet.

They've given her a list of possibilities to choose from, but she couldn't find anything that piqued her interest.

She already had one in mind; she wanted a theme with birds as the major feature that everyone would recognize.

Lisa was so enthusiastic about it, visioning how it would look so magnificent outside the spacious courtyard, how she'd tie heartwarming letters to their feet for everyone to receive.

She'd still be as excited as she was the previous days if it weren't for her brother committing something horrible right in front of her eyes.

"Are we permitted to invite anyone, honey?" her mother inquired.

"Yes sure, the party is open to everyone inside and outside of this kingdom, especially since it's the first time we'll proclaim the existence of our only beautiful princess," he said with a warm smile, as if they were discussing his own daughter.

Her ears perked up at the mention of the people finally meeting her, causing shivers to course through her body, filling her senses with another excitement.

Lisa would finally be known! It took her almost five years of being a secret, hidden away from the people outside the castle.

All the past few years, they didn't have a single idea that there was a princess lurking around the kingdom, an unfamiliar name they've never uttered before.