3

Lisa has never shown up to any of the events that have taken place inside the castle.

One of the reasons why her mother would always get different questions from everyone—if she had a child before marrying the king.

She simply disregard them all by merely smiling. Her mother made a deal with her stepfather not to reveal her status as a princess to the public until Lisa turned eighteen.

Any servant who mentions her name in public will be killed. She had always thought she was too young to be subjected to such hatred, knowing that some people thinks that children who were not related to the monarchy were never considered royal.

Her mother has always taken special care of her, even before she was a princess; after all, she was her only companion since her biological father died and went to live with the Lord.

Although she may be strict at times, she never barred her from making friends, which Lisa was glad. But that was before she was married to the king and now that she is living here, she hasn't had any genuine fun with anyone in years, the reason she has been anticipating for her legality is to finally meet some acquaintance.

Lisa has always been understanding of her mother's decisions, knowing that whatever she does is for her benefit.

But she couldn't deny that she has been missing the life outside when she is free, and she doubt her old friends would still recognize her, now that she is a grownup lady.

However, that is something Jungkook is unlikely to be favored on—giving Lisa freedom. Hearing the entire conversation irritates him for a huge reason.

He dislikes the notion of anyone being aware of her existence outside the castle. He regards her as nothing but a stranger who has effortlessly gained access to the gates of royalty. But was it all of that, though?

"Father, truly, I wanted birds to fill up the courtyard for my birthday, I wanted to celebrate it there," Lisa continued, hoping both of them would agree.

Her mother, whose face was twisted in apparent agreement, glanced into her father, who grinned back, indicating that he, too, agreed with whatever decisions she made.

"I don't believe it's a good idea to just let anyone come inside the castle." Calmly sipping on his cup, Jungkook had chimed into the discussion.

"and with birds?" he scoffed, "it would be too crowded and noisy."

"The courtyard is hectares wide, there shouldn't be a problem," her father said, raising an eyebrow.

"Then I wouldn't come," Jungkook says instantly, simply placing his cup down— adjusting his seat, he rises to his feet.

"It's your sister's birthday, why aren't you coming? be nice to her, Jungkook, you've always been bad to her."

Jungkook merely stared at his father, disregarding whatever he said. His gaze rested on your slumped form, Lisa—not appearing as enthused as earlier.

He could tell her uneasiness as she played with her fork on the crockery.
Her head tilted slightly to catch a glimpse of him, and when she noticed how he was looking directly into her face, Lisa lowered her head back instantly in shame.

It was very unusual to get her brother's attention on her for an extended period of time, given that Jungkook isn't really fond of her. Ah, how she was mistaken for the thoughts that filled inside her little head.