6

Jungkook watches Lisa in interest from behind, he was not too close, not too far, but close enough to smell her delightful fragrance, which has been complemented by hints of blue.

He takes care not to walk over the excess of her dress as she drag it along with her from behind with deliberate feet.

If he didn't know any better, he may mistake her for a bride-to-be walking down the aisle. She has always been drawn to wear lovely light-colored dresses,  and he adores the way it brings out her entire personality, so pretty and bright.

He came to a standstill as he watches her walk directly into her chamber, her face adorned with a frown as she enter.

He had entered not long ago to follow her inside, taking care not to make any disturbance that might draw her attention.

He was welcomed by darkness, since only a single candle beside her bed had been lit to serve as the light.

The windows are draped with thick curtains, which is unusual considering he knows her as someone who enjoys gazing up at the sky, whether it's birds or the stars.

It didn't take him long to figure out her silhouette, though the dim lighting makes it difficult for him to notice, he can still properly determine the delicate shapes she embraced.

Minutes later, it had felt like hours for him as he waited for the loss of consciousness to consume her.

Lisa was now fast asleep, she had flopped down onto her bed without undressing her gown into her nightwear; exhaustion was draining her entire body, hence she didn't bother calling up the servants to assist her with her night routine.

Jungkook slowly emerged out of the shadows he had been hiding in the corner of her room, his eyes trailing over the clock on the wall.

It was already past midnight, and he couldn't be more happier to be the first to witness her blossom into her eighteenth birthday.

The light taps of his boots had come to a halt exactly near her bed, where her face was facing the candle light that illuminated her lovely face, the flickering golden flames doing no justice to her pretty lips.

He prefers them better in the daylight, where it accentuates the cherry pout of hers, which he yearn to kiss with his own.

She has always been an incredibly bright person gifted with grace and beauty.

She may never know, but she is the prettiest he's ever seen; her smiles seemed to compete with the sunrays to see who was the brightest whenever she went outside to play with her maids.

She'd never notice, but he's always been watching behind those thick walls, whenever he came from his practice, he finds her quite interesting to watch upon while he saves up some energy.