4

The wonderful sight of the sunset has come to an end, as if a torch's light had been blown to reveal the darkness.

It's already late at night, and she is still sitting near the window, a long way from your bed. She has been thinking about her birthday the entire day; it's happening tomorrow, and it feels like it just came out of nowhere.

She couldn't tell if she was excited or not, knowing her brother wouldn't be there.

Lisa sighed, he's always been mean to her, and there's nothing new. What was she expecting, anyway?

A loud knock happened to break all of her thoughts, and she shouted back in response that they may come in—they immediately rushed into her with unexpected news that made her chest tighten.

Despite the fact that the floors were chilly on her bare feet, she ran inside the king's chamber until she was practically out of breath.

"Mother!" Lisa scurried towards her father's bed to sit, "what happened to him?"

Lisa asked as her hand came to touch her father's forehead to feel his temperature, confirming he doesn't have a very much high fever she withdraw her hand away.

"He just fainted in the middle of his walk around the ward, and the physician said h-he won't be waking up for a while,"

Her mother cried beside her as she clutched the king's hands. She looked down at her unconscious father, seeing him lying down on the mattress, appearing as weak as he had ever been, worries Lisa.

He's always been a very strong and healthy man. She has never seen him in such a vulnerable state like this before.

The door was opened equally harsh as it closed into a loud slam. Lisa glanced around to see Jungkook approaching with hastened steps.

She had immediately rose up into her feet as Jungkook neared to look closely to the king.

"What happened?"

Upon the arrival of her brother, she was left outside the king's chamber to wait while her mother and Jungkook discussed about her father's condition with the physician.

Lisa was told by her brother to stay outside while they talked; at first, she refused, thinking he was being selfish, but she was terrified by the glare he directed to scare her off, so she had no choice but to accept without further argument.

She'd leaned the side of her face against the rough walls of the hallway, in deep thoughts, hoping the king wasn't suffering from a very serious illness.

She couldn't even imagine all the bad things that could possibly happen if the king past away, it isn't just because he gives her almost everything most of the time.

It's simply because she doesn't think she'll be able to let go of the attachment she has developed to him as a father.