8

The number of restless evenings spent overthinking that followed that night is no longer important.

Especially now that his father has delegated him responsibility over the kingdom while they are gone.

It was all predetermined perfectly since he didn't intend to open the gates in the first place for people to come in and for her to leave anyway.

He canceled all of her plans for the big day Lisa still anticipated to happen, and now she is asleep, dreaming of the freedom she is looking forward to.

She doesn't need those frivolous things; all she need is a gift from him, way more special than anything.

The candle light had disappeared as the flames slowly faded and died into the darkness, leaving Jungkook staring into nothing.

He muttered a low curse under his breath as he walked away to find another source of light.

He swiftly replaced the used candle glass with one of the lamps set on the wall beside her chamber's door.

He sat on the soft linens of her mattress, causing the bed to sink under his weight.

He can't help but to let the blanket slip in between his fingers, where it tickles his skin. Even though he enjoys the sensations of it, his fingers still aches for her soft and delicate ones.

It felt much better against his trailing fingers across the breadth of her exposed clavicle.

The ludicrous tight bodice, which merely punctuates the flesh of her breast pushed up for his eyes to stare—does not help to quiet his ardent impulses.

It appears tempting for him to carve his name into her chest with the sharp tip of his arrows—the same arrows he'd use to slaughter the lovely birds she adore.

It’s the first time he'd gotten this close to her presence, the first time he had touched her flame-illuminated skin, and he couldn't help but lean his face against her neck and take a sniff of her fragrance.

God, have she ever been this fragrant up close? feels heavenly, enough to envelop his consciousness in a haze.

And here he thought the aroma he used to smell every time she passed by him was strong enough, but there's more to it, and it's driving him utterly insane.

Jungkook thought this would be the perfect time to give Lisa her birthday present.