three

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

Season 2: Episode 20, The Last Day

╚═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝

❝Why do I have to be here?❞ Melinoe inquired as she was being pulled by the blonde vampire inside of the Mystic Grill.

"I'll buy you lunch." Caroline tries to compromise but her eyes scanned the Grill for her boy-toy, "There he is. Come on."

Care stood directly behind the human, startling him when he turned around and almost dropping the plates in his hands. "Ohh. Jeez!"

"Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you." The vampire apologizes making Mel snicker at his face.

"It's okay, I just, I didn't know you were here," Matt said shuffling on his feet trying to remain calm.

"Yeah, I wanted to try and catch you on your break so we could hang out."

"I have lunch in an hour."

"Perfect. I will go run some errands and I will be right back." Caroline says and before Mel could protest, the vampire beat her to it with an apologetic look on her face, "Can I take a raincheck for our lunch, please?"

"Fine." The girl sighed and the vampire pulled her into a quick hug before kissing her boyfriend on her lips for a few seconds.

"I'll see you in a bit." Care grins excitedly and begins to make her way out of the grill.

"Okay."

When Caroline had left Melinoe took a seat on the barstool and addressed the blonde-haired human, "Right, well considering you're still working, I'll have a double cheeseburger with fries and a cherry coke. Thank you."

"I screwed up." Damon announces as he took a seat beside the siphoner and ordered himself a drink.

"I'm sorry if I've ever given you the impression that I care about your problems but if so let me make it clear, I don't." Mel snarked and continued munching on her fries.

"You don't like me much, do you?"

"Nope."

"Why? I happen to be very likable."

"When you abuse, compel and use my best friend, it doesn't leave the greatest impression. You're lucky I haven't killed you yet." She retorted and watched as Damon nodded his head and sipped on his drink.

"I'll have the same," Alaric spoke as he took a seat on the other side of the raven-haired vampire.

"I screwed up," The vampire repeated and Alaric nodded his head in agreement.