sixteen

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

Season 3: Episode 18, The Murder Of One

╚═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝

❝Remind me again why you dragged me to New York?❞ Mel queries, stepping out of Klaus' car and breathing in the fresh air. 

Klaus looked up from his phone, blue eyes colliding with brown. "I enjoy your company."

"Yes," The siphoner huffed, rolling her eyes though her lips betrayed her as a smile tugged at them from his words. "I remember that part before I was hauled from my kitchen without any other sort of adequate explanation, my freshly brewed coffee left untouched only to end up in this car with you and Kol bickering on the phone for the last few hours. Not even with a McDonalds hash-brown and soggy pancakes pit-stop. Care to explain properly why?"

"Finn," Nik said simply as if it answered all her questions. The siphon momentarily considered shoving the hybrid into the oncoming traffic if he didn't start giving her more than simple sentence answers.

"So, you've lost it then?" Mel asked incredulously, much to Klaus' amusement. The Original Hybrid firmly took her hand in his own, gently tugging her down the busy streets. "Why the hell do you need Finn? If I recall, you're no longer linked to him, courtesy of moi. What possible use could he be?"

The Parker twin suppressed a wince from her own words. After her night with Klaus and Rebekah, Coda hadn't been all too happy to learn of his sister's helping hand to thwart Esther Mikaelson's plans to kill the Originals. It ended with a screaming match between the two siblings that left Mel with a pit in her stomach that gobbling down food/cookies only seemed to satisfy. 

Her eyes flickered to the side profile of the Original Hybrid who she'd grown closer to as his time in Mystic Falls extended. Coda's words replayed in her head and her apparent recklessness when it came to the Original Hybrid.

"I don't give two shits about his life, Mel, not if it comes down to me losing you."

"Finn and Esther still seek out ways to destroy our family. I'd rather not have another repeat of this situation, thus I plan on persuading my big brother." Niklaus comments, a smirk on his lips that Mel knew he was up to no good. She pushed the thoughts of her younger brother from her mind. Apparently, he'd taken up the invitation from Kol Mikaelson to spend the day in Denver and it made her scoff at his hypocrisy from the two men's own growing closeness.

"Right," She drawled out, "I assume your method of persuasion can't end with anything good."

"You know me well, sweetheart."