five

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

The Vampire Diaries: 4 x 5

[smut]

╚═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝

"You've fucked off to Italy without me, huh?" Coda says, in lieu of an actual greeting, his phone tucked between his ear and shoulder, which he covers with his hand, then snaps his fingers to one of Klaus' irritated hybrids and gestures to the sandwich. "The crusts, buddy."

The hybrid sneers at Coda but does as the heretic says.

"You went to Denver." Mel counters, pushing her sunglasses up her nose as she stares out at the crystal-blue lake dazzling in the sunlight.

"Oh, yeah, sure, same thing," Coda says sarcastically, his voice muffled at the end as he takes a bite of his sandwich.

"And that is in no way my fault," Mel tells him, and then, to add salt to the wound, she says, "Just so you know, the food here is incredible. It's pretty too; I'll make a list of places you should see if we ever come."

"Mhm." Coda rolls his eyes. "How's the pooch?"

"I haven't seen him since the plane landed. We took different cars."

Coda makes a face as he kicks his feet up on the coffee table. "So he deserted you in a different country?"

"I wouldn't say that," Mel says, recalling how she'd been the one to ignore the hybrid on the flight to Italy out of pettiness. He'd tried a hell of a lot just to get her to talk to him—it was sweet. "We're having dinner tonight, and meanwhile, I've got a gorgeous guide rambling on about the architectural history of some bridge... or bread; I don't really know. Nor do I care; seriously, the food is next level. I wonder if they'll give me their recipes so I can try them out."

"Yeah," Coda says slowly, beginning to get nervous and lowering the sandwich from his mouth as his stomach starts to churn in discomfort. If Mel attempted to cook any sort of authentic Italian dish, it would cause a catastrophe. He cleared his throat. "Bring me back a croissant."

"That's France, you dimwit."

"What, they don't have bread in Italy? Seems like a big oversight."

"Coda—"

"How'd I have breakfast?"

"You eat cereal."

"But I like toast on occasion."

Mel scoffs, "Since when?"

"Since the option was taken away from me, that's when," Coda remarks. Then, he grins, "So, you and the pup going to get it hot 'n heavy tonight?"