six

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

Season 3: Episode 6, Smells Like Teen Spirit

╚═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝

𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖊 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖐𝖊𝖗 𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖊𝖉 𝖇𝖊𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆 𝖐𝖎𝖉. She wasn't always like this. She wasn't always a killer. She once had a family. She recalled moments when her father wasn't a dickhead, and her mother didn't ignore her existence. But those memories were very few. Her mother had sung her lullabies while her father doted on her more than the rest of her siblings. She loved it. She loved being the favourite.

But that had all changed the day she'd accidentally outed herself and Coda as siphoners to their sister, Jennifer Parker.

"You pinky promise you won't tell." The small girl stuttered out, looking up at her older sister, who nodded.

"Of course, Mel. I won't tell anyone. You can trust me." She managed to get out, staring down at her little sister with disgust, but Melinoe hadn't noticed, and instead intertwined her fingers with Coda's, who had a blank look plastered on his face.

Liar.

Melinoe smiled widely, happy that her twin and herself were safe. She waved her arms around about to go hug her older sister when Jenny took a step back, pushing a hand to stop the girl, making Mel deflate immediately. The once big smile had turned to a frown.

"I think it's best you don't touch me until you get your-your defect under control," Jenny explained, and Mel once again nodded but hung her head low.

"Okay," She whispered, staring at her hands with disgust. Malacoda did the same, his older sister's words running through his head.

"You two should get to bed. It's late, and dad will be upset if you're up late." The twins once again nodded and headed for the door, but before they fully left Melinoe's head poked out through the door,

"You promised. You don't break promises, Jenny" the small Mel said, unaware of the threat behind her own words.

She was innocent once.

"I did. I just want you to keep your abilities away from me for now, hm." Jennifer said softly, trying not to let the disgust show.

"Sure. But Jenny, you break promises, you burn." Little Mel said to Jenny. The older girl took it as a joke and laughed fakely before brushing her sister off, shoving her out the door and closing it shut, unaware of how serious her demon of a sister was.

In the end, Jennifer Parker learned her lesson, though not for long as fire engulfed her, and there was only pain.

Melinoe was woken by the sound of her doorbell ringing over and over again. She groaned and rolled out of bed, cursing whatever god for making her such a light sleeper. She trudged downstairs to see Coda passed out on the couch instead of his bedroom with Prison Break playing on Netflix.