𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞☝️

I wake up in the middle of the night

I wake up in the middle of the night. I took my phone off my bedside table to check the time; it was 3:09 am. I wipe my forehead with the back of my hand. I then realized how much I was sweating. I get off my bed and walk to my bathroom. I turn the shower on and start undressing. I entered the shower, feeling my muscles relax as the hot water hit my skin. I grab my coconut-scented shampoo and squeeze some into my hand. I lather the shampoo in my hair, and after a few minutes, I rinse it out and repeat it once more. Then I put conditioner in my hair and combed it out.

After I finished combing my hair out, I wrapped it in a bun. I then began to shower. Fifteen minutes later, I unwrapped my hair and washed it out. I exit the shower, wrapping my towel around my body and my hair. I start doing my fifteen-minute skin routine. I exit the bathroom, walking to my closet.

"I'm probably going to go for a run or play my drums.. so something casual or comfortable," I mumble to myself. So I put on a black shirt, black Nike sweatpants, and my Vans.

"Casual kinda comfy." "It can work," I say, looking at myself in the full-body mirror.

" "It can work," I say, looking at myself in the full-body mirror

I returned to my room, grabbing my phone from my bed. When I look at the time, it's around 3:45 a.m. I went back into the bathroom and plugged in the blow dryer, and when my hair was finally dry, I put it in a messy ponytail. With that, I make my way to my music room. As soon as I get in, I plug in my headphones and turn up the volume to maximum. I start playing "Beggin" by Måneskin, I swear to god that this song is very therapeutic for my anxiety. I start hitting the drum. Thank God for soundproof walls! After an hour of hitting my drums, I decide to eat and take a run. When I get to the kitchen, I see my dad.

"Hey munchkin," he says, throwing an apple to me, which I caught. I look at the clock seeing that is 4:48

"Hey dad," I say, grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge.

"Nightmares again?" He asked with sad eyes.

"Mhmm, it will stop soon" I shrug

"Ali, I'm worried about you; please remember to take your medications, and if you need to talk, I'm here, or you can talk to someone else." He says it in a fatherly tone.