𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

I woke up just to find myself in a hospital bed. I found my phone on the little table beside the bed, and it was 8:28 am when I picked it up. My head was hurting like crazy, so I pressed the button to call the doctor. After a few minutes, a doctor came into the room.

"Hello, my name is Dr. Brenner. Do you know why you are here?" I gave him a simple head nod to answer his question.

"Can I give you some painkillers, please?" He gave me some Advil and pointed to the bottle of water on the table beside the bed. I took the pills, giving him a small smile, before drinking some water to wash them down.

"Thank you doc."

"It is, after all, my job." We have to run some tests before you can be discharged. Do you remember how you got here or anything?"

"Okay and no."

"Okay. I need to inform James about your consciousness." I said okay despite the fact that I had no idea who "the James" were.o'clock

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

After the doctors ran some tests, I cleaned myself up and spent the day reading. In the 3 o'clock hours, I headed to the cafeteria because I was getting hungry.

When I reached the cafeteria, I had a sandwich and a bottle of water. I found a seat and began eating when I was interrupted by a boy around my age.

"Hey?" I said confused.

"Hey Ali."

"Who are you, and how do you know my name?"

"I'm Jai, and we're friends." He said, with a sad smile.

"Okay, let's stay and believe you, yeah?" I said as I turned to face Jai.

"Okay." He said, with humor laced in his tone.

"What is my favorite flower?"

"Rose-"

"Wro-"

"But it became the Red Dahlia after the tragic death of your mom, Alyssa Rose- Smith."

"Okay, I believe you."

"Thought so." And we began laughing. Jai and I started talking, but it was mostly him talking and me listening. He caught me up on everyone and everything, but although he was excited about talking about our memories together, I could see that something was bothering him. After a while, I decided that I should go back to my room. We hugged before saying our goodbyes, but then I realized that Jai was looking at something. When I turned around, I realized it wasn't something, but someone. My eyes met with a set of grey ones.

"Hello?" I start walking slowly toward a boy my age, with Jai following behind.

"Hey, how are you, Ali?" The stranger greeted me while trying to touch me, but I stepped back. He had a confused facial expression on his face while asking, "Ali, are you good?"

"Jai, who is this?" I asked confusedly because this boy knows me but I can't remember him.

"This is your best friend, Enzo." Jai replied, tears willing themselves up in his eyes.

"Ali, this isn't funny." Enzo said.

"What isn't funny?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"Fuck." He hissed while running his hand through his hair in frustration. "I can't do this right now." And with that, he left.

"Jai, I'm sorry. I- I didn't mean to upset him in any way."

"I know Princessa." Jai hugged me. "I'll talk to him, and then you can meet everyone else."

"Where's papa?"

"He should be at home with Darius."

"Can you tell my dad and papa that I want to see them?"

"Wait, you remembered your dad and Angelo but not me and Enzo?"

"Mhmm, why?"

"Nothin', I'm just shocked and happy."

"Expound."

"I'm shocked because you still have some of your memories, and I'm glad you remembered some of us, even if it was only your father and Angelo."

"Oh, I should probably go to my room now."

"See you tomorrow."

"Okay, bye, Jai."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Boss, she's awake but her memories are gone."

"That's good; we can now begin Phase 1 of the plan."

"Not to be disrespectful, but how is that good? We need her for inside information."

"Her not having any memories means she'll have no clue about us. We kidnap her, and, well, you know the rest."

"Lorenzo isn't going to let her out of his sight."

"Are you questioning your capo?"

"No, boss, but I'm just curious."

"Your curiosity will lead you to losing a limb or two, or maybe your life."

"Sorry boss."

"Apologies are overrated. Now do exactly what I say and make no mistake."