𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I sat up, my back resting on my headboard, squinting my eyes. I lean over to get my phone off my bedside table and answer it without looking at the ID caller. I put the phone to my ear so I could only hear people talking in the background.

"Hello?" I say in my morning voice.

"Oh, hey, sis." Someone says in a deep voice.

"Santiago?" I say finally opening my eyes fully.

"Yeah, anyways, we think we found the Russians-" he says, and before he could continue, I cut him off.

"Can we come, please?" I asked hopefully.

"No, we don't know for sure, and I might be a trap." He says.

"Fine," I say, rolling my eyes.

"I can hear the eye roll." He says while chuckling. We say bid goodbyes. I get out of bed immediately to go see Dad. I walk to his room to see a note on his door that says, "Morning munchkin, I had to go out of the country to do business with Angelo, but Dolores will be back later today. I love you, and your mom and I are proud of you. Also, I left money and my credit card."

"Great." I mumble "Why aren't we allowed to go? I mean, we're old enough. We started killing when we were 15, and Izzy started at 12." I went back to my room with the note in my hand. I put the note in my bedside table drawer and headed to the bathroom. I take a shower and do my skin routine, then walk to my closet to pick out an outfit. My footwear of choice is my black and white Jordan's, which I pair with a black crop top and leather pants to complete my ensemble. I wore red lip gloss and a high ponytail for my hair.

I went back to my room and started cleaning it up; making my bed, putting away my books and pens, putting my dirty clothes in the dirty hamper, and throwing away the trash

I went back to my room and started cleaning it up; making my bed, putting away my books and pens, putting my dirty clothes in the dirty hamper, and throwing away the trash. I grab my phone and head downstairs and to the kitchen. I take two eggs out of the fridge with bacon, cheese, tomato, lettuce, and avocado, along with the orange juice (which should be illegal because apple juice is way better). I take a waffle out of the freezer. I go to the living room, turn on the TV, and put it on Disney+. I watched "Encanto" for the millionth time; God, I love this movie; y'all are sleeping on Dolores, she's so fucking gorgeous.

I went back to the kitchen, turned on the stove, and got the frying pan. I pour some oil into the pot, and then I crack the eggs in a bowl. I then put some salt, black pepper, tomato, green pepper, and adobo seasoning in the whipped eggs. I put the waffle in the toaster and then poured the whipped egg into the frying pan. After five minutes, the waffle is ready, and my egg is already finished. I toasted two slices of bread and spread butter on them. After making my sandwich and pouring my drink out, I put everything I use back in its correct place. Halfway through my meal, I hear Lorenzo and Izzy walking into the living room.

"Hey, sis-in-law." Izzy greet.

"You know we have to be married before you can call me that," I say, pointing to Lorenzo, then me.