𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

It's been a month now, and we are nowhere close to finding the leader of the Serpent. Ali is still in a coma. Dad and Papa are much better now, but they are working 24/7 and not eating much. Mama is stressed over them, and last week her blood pressure was extremely high. Izzy is going to therapy because she started drinking again and is also cutting and using other unhealthy coping methods.

Santiago is traveling back and forth to Italy and America to see if we have any updates on anything at this point. Jai, Alex, and Mike are training hard and helping Aurora with the kids. Aurora has been trying to get me to go back to therapy because she says that the kids are worried about me.

Like I've been doing since I was twelve, I went for two sessions and quit. I can't do therapy; it's not for me. What's the point of talking about my problems with someone who's going to give me advice that I'm not going to take, but we're going to act like I'm taking it and I'm getting better? I can just eliminate my problems, which are the Russians, known as the Serpent Mafia.

The Red Vipers have been around long before the Serpents, and up until today, I didn't understand the deal with them. I really don't care what they do, but if they mess with my mafia or family, then we have a problem. The more I think about the situation, the more I feel uneasy.

"Enzo, we found something!" Alex said, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"What is it?" I asked, putting down Ali's guitar.

"They have a shipment coming in tonight."

"And? What does that have to do with Ali?" I asked, confused.

"We can use this to send them a message." He said, with a sinister smile.

"By killing most of his men, taking one to torture but not kill cause we need him to send a message to them but also use as an inside man to report back us." I said, while slowly easing off the bed.

"Precisely, now let's give the other person the good news." Jai said, coming out of nowhere.

"How did you-"

"Don't even ask," Alex said with a sigh.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

After a long meeting with everyone, we have more details, and I ask Dad if we will have update meetings once a week from now on. I head upstairs and start getting ready to visit Ali. I got dressed in a black hoodie, black sweatpants, and black Air Force. I didn't do much to my hair; I just left it wet because I washed it.

"Jai, let's go!" I shouted as I reached the last step. Jai walked to be with Ella wrapped around his leg, and Romeo followed behind.

"Um, problem. They want to visit their aunt."

"Oh- um, Romeo and Ella, I need to talk to you guys about something." They both nodded in response.

We all went to the living room, and after everyone was seated, I began talking. "So you know that Ali is in the hospital, but as much as I want you guys to visit your aunt, for your safety, I won't bring you guys."

"But tio, we will be okay. I have my big brother Romeo to protect me, Uncle Jai and you to protect him, and the guards to protect you, and well, Dio can protect the guards." Ella explained. "Okay" was all Romeo said before getting off the couch and going upstairs.

"I'll talk to him, Tio; it's just that we really want to see Ali."

"I know pumpkin but I can't let you see her-"

"But why?"

"That's enough, Gabriella James. Go to your room I'll be there in 5." Her mom scolded.

"Sí mama."

I waited a while before speaking. "Was that really necessary, Aurora?" I look at her mom in disbelief.

"Sí irmão." Was all she said before walking off as I rolled my eyes. "Let's go."

Translate: yes brother

"Are you gonna-"

"No," I replied dryly.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

After a half-hour drive, we arrived at the hospital.

I got out of the car while Jai went to park it. I walked into the hospital, completely ignoring the stares. I didn't mind when the doctor called "code purple," which meant someone had gone missing, as I was walking to Ali's room. When I reached Ali's room, I realized that the door was open, and when I walked in, the room was empty.

I quickly tried to find her doctors or anyone who might know where she might be. I found Dr. Brenner and asked him if he knew where Ali was, and he said she was in the cafeteria because she woke up from her coma seven hours ago. I let out a sigh of relief upon hearing the good news. I went to the cafe, and as I entered, I saw Ali and Jai hugging. She turned around to see what he was looking at, and we made eye contact.

"Hello?" She started slowly walking towards me, with Jai following behind.

"Hey, how are you, Ali?" I asked, reaching out to touch her, but she took a step back. "Ali, are you good?"

"Jai, who is this?" She turned to Jai while Jai looked at me with pain in his eyes.

"This is your best friend, Enzo." He replied while trying to keep his tears at bay.

"Ali, this isn't funny." I said, in denial.

"What isn't funny, Enzo?"

"Fuck." I hissed while running my hand through my hair in frustration. "I can't do this right now." And with that, I left the hospital.