Chapter 4

"Can you just shut up?" I heard Mihawk's annoying monotone again. 

It's already 4:00 AM in the morning when Mihawk shook the hell out of me to wake me up and told me that we're leaving the island. He told me that he didn't want to meet the Navy on the Calm Belt that's why we're leaving earlier than expected.

I growled. "You just disturbed me on my sleep!" I retorted with glare. It's not like I always have the opportunity to sleep well, right? But this rascal, instead of gently waking me up, he pushed me off my bed which causes me to meet the bare cold ground! How heartless! "I thought of you as a gentleman but It seems like I'm wrong!" I said in a disappointing tone.

He scoffed, "Well sorry to disappoint you." WHAT?! Did he just admitted that?! 

A thick mark on my forehead appeared as I was about to start a debate with him when he suddenly walked past to me and ignored my nagging self.

"Did you just ignored me?" I innocently asked. Don't tell me I looked like a dumb right now?

"I assume you have the energy to set sail now since you have the energy to pester me this early." He stoically stated before leaving me dumbfounded. I always knew that Mihawk could be this saucy but I didn't think that this would affect me a lot! 

And here I'm starting to regret my life choices like why'd I even decided to join him on this voyage! I should have joined Luffy on his upcoming adventures but on the second thought.. Mihawk is still tolerable. 

As he always did, Mihawk guided me to hop in the boat before setting sail. I then saw him looking on his pocketed Log Pose before I turned my eyes away and played my hands on the cold water. 

Our voyage was peaceful and calm so the boredom I felt last time vanished as I let my thoughts wander somewhere. The sun hasn't yet risen so the breeze on the air in the middle of the ocean was cold but bearable. Luckily, Mihawk nudge me to wear a coat beneath my cloak as he anticipated the cold breeze in our path. Who would have thought that this rascal still had a tiny bit of.. care on his system. 

When I felt contented splashing my hands on the water, I shifted my gaze on Mihawk who is now currently taking a nap. He's sitting pretty beside me while his legs were crossed and his hands are on top of his knee. His flashy hat shadowed his face so I couldn't see his bare face and here I thought I could pull a prank on him but I hesitated. 

There realization suddenly hit me, and it's about Mihawk possessing the advance observation haki and instinct. He could easily decapitate me whenever he's feeling. 

Suddenly, a ray of sunshine finally appeared as the sun started to rise. As I am still looking on his figure, the light finally illuminated his shadowed face and there I finally saw his sleeping figure. My heart started to beat faster again and by just looking on his glimmered features.. I couldn't help but to let my eyes capture this moment. 

Sunrise. It gives you a new beginning and a new ending and I wonder why. 

At this moment, I could feel my mind went hazy as I stared on Mihawk's heavenly features. In my world, all I could do was to buy stuffs and action figures of this man but now.. he's beside me. I don't know why.. but for now I could ignore the new beginning and the new ending of the sunrise. 

I was fascinated by his features that I didn't realized that he's already awake and is now looking intently on my eyes. His golden orbs captured my onyx eyes trying to unveil what's behind.