Chapter 7

"No." Mihawk's voice is full of authority as he stated that. 

I just received a report from my information  network that the Straw hats made it already on the Grandline. In just a matter of time, they'll reach the Alabasta so I decided to go there before them so I could easily find them if ever. 

But the thing is... Mihawk didn't want me to go. I already told him that there will be a show in Alabasta and I need to be there. I gave him a brief explanation of why he should let me go there and do whatever I wanted to do. 

"My life, my rules!" I strongly stated. I glared on his golden orbs with a pout on my lips as he continued to disagree on my demand. "Hey! I'll come back okay? I know that you'll be missing my presence but.. I'll come back!" I teased.

It's not like I have someone in mind to stay with. He's the only person I could be with and tolerate in this harsh world of reality. Besides, I enjoyed our fight. The last time I got injured by fighting him was already weeks ago! And now that I have errands to do..

Mihawk releases a sigh of defeat upon knowing that I will never back down on this matter. He had no choice but to agree so I jumped in excitement. 

"You should know that the country you're trying to infiltrate is under the protection of my fellow Warlord. His name was Crocodile." He informed me. Consequently, I sat down beside him again and act interested. "I don't know what's with you but.. I'll leave this to you." He mumbled. 

"Come on!" I grunted. "It's not like I'm going away for good! I told you I'll come back!" 

I'm irritated. I've been with him for over a month yet.. and we've been trying to kill each other and fighting and consoling, you name it! He should know by now that I'll come back to him! It's not that I'll stay with the straw hats and watch Ace's defeat! Just like what I've said, I just wanted to see them, and talk with Ace. Give him some pointers so he could put up a fight against Teach because I understand his position as a commander as well as his self-satisfactory. 

"How can you be sure that you'll come back to me?" He rose an eyebrow as he questioned me again. For the love of God, how do you even assure someone who has this kind of trust-issues? I don't know if he's serious or not or that he cared about me if I will come back to him or what? Did he really enjoyed my company that much? I mean, I'm glad okay? It makes me happy. It's just, I never imagine him to be this.. tacky.

 I gave him a smirk upon realizing something fishy about him, "As you see Mihawk, I've taken a liking to you, so calm down and just sit back and relax and wait for me because I'll definitely come back to you.." I stood up and let him follow me with his gaze as I stopped in front of him. I tapped his crossed legs so he could ease it up. After he flattened his legs, I sat down on his lap before crossing my legs. 

"You're fearless." He said after putting his wine down to snake his arms around my waist. "For someone who isn't afraid to a person like me, I like it." He said looking directly in my eyes. His eyes captivated my eyes once again, I felt like I'm falling into his trap that I wouldn't be able to escape once I fall. He gave me a smirk. 

I traced his facial features without breaking our eye contact. I dare say that Mihawk has this hard impact on me, it makes me to treat him right and think of him as a very rare vase that should be handled with a care. This feeling is something I hadn't yet experienced on my past life. Unfortunately or what, I felt it in him, to a fictional character.