Chapter 5

"Ugh!" I groaned. I immediately placed my arms on my aching head before forcing myself to sit up but stopped when I felt a hand on my back and helped me put myself on my stomach. "Mihawk." I silently called him. 

I found him sitting beside my bed, holding a newspaper with a wine on his right hand. I noticed that he's not wearing his cloak so his toned muscles were exposed in front of me. I silently back away before I couldn't stop myself. Seeing this glory early this morning, my.. I could tell that my hangover almost vanished. 

"What happened after I passed out?" I politely asked him. Not wanting to start a war with him this early as I thought that he might be the one who took care of me last night. "I'm sorry, did I bothered you so much?" I asked him again when he didn't respond on my question. 

Mihawk didn't answered again but handed me a glass of water, "Thanks." I told him before drinking the water. "Are you going to ignore me the whole day or what?" I mumbled while giving him a pout. And there his walls finally lowered as he released a soft sigh. 

"You are careless. How could you let yourself pass out like that? Both you and Akagami are incautious, are you related to him or what?" He scolded, quirking an eyebrow on me so I pouted more. 

"Why are you so mad about it? You're there to take care of me that's why I am comfortable leaving myself in your care." I wearily answered. 

But Mihawk took my answer in a wrong way. My eyes widened as he started to leaned himself on me so I leaned my back away from his leaning figure but he caught me by wrapper his arms around my waist. 

"W-What?" 

"How can you be this reckless around men, Maze?" He asked, half-amused, half-annoyed.  

"Not with every men though. Just you." I gulped after stating that. Mihawk didn't respond after my statement but continued to dig his glares on my onyx sleepy eyes. After satisfying himself, he moved away to grab his cloak on the rack before making his way towards the door. 

He gave me a glance before speaking. "Fix yourself, we're leaving." Is the last thing he said before leaving me alone. 

I sighed of relief. How dare he toyed me like that. I almost got heart attack! I placed my hand on my chest, hoping to ease up the throbbing before deciding to fix myself so we could leave any moment. Remembering his expressions earlier almost added to my throbbing heart! It was breathtakingly beautiful! 

"Gosh, that move made my hangover fade." I mumbled upon remembering what the gesture Mihawk did earlier. I shook my head off. "Get a grip, Maze!" 

**

"Awww, you guys are leaving now?" Shanks asked pouting. "Hake-eyes! Stay with usssssss!" He whimpered. 

Mihawk just emotionlessly glared on him before speaking, "No can do, Akagami." Which made Shanks to whine even more. 

After I passed out earlier, Shanks told Mihawk to put me on their ship so I could rest myself. Benn told me that Mihawk didn't left me alone and just watched me to sleep all night as he was worried that I might throw up some goods on the Red Force. 

Hearing that sends some shivers down my spine and I don't want to believe it. I really don't want to deepened my crush nasty crush on him. I don't want to get my hopes up since they're only fictional in my world. I just happened to come here and I don't want to make any kinds of attachments towards the character. What I mean is romance.