Chapter 6

"You know, just sit there and watch. You're messing in my kitchen." Mihawk ordered me after I sent the carrot I'm cutting in the air. It's not my fault! It's the carrots fault! "I had my hopes that you could help me in the kitchen." He said in disappointment. 

I grew in irk, "HA! Do you want to fight, ha? Are you really wagging a war right now, Dracule Mihawk?!" I asked him, angry. I can cut vegetables and something but I can't cook okay? I can cook rice and fried foods but not these difficult recipe. How dare he bash my skills like that! In the first place, it was an accident!!!

"Stop. I'm tired. Just sit there." He pointed the location of the counter. He must be tired right now but he took the liberty to prepare our dinner instead of resting now. Wow, what a fine man.  I quietly retreated, decided to stop pestering him for now and just watch his back while putting something on the mixture. 

I placed my elbow above the counter so I could lean my chin on my palm and watch his back silently. I remembered the episode of him and Perona, both are arguing with each other about who works the most in the house and Mihawk being a member of a debate team on his past life, didn't go down and rebate few words to counter Perona's demands. 

Man, how can someone like him, who has this heavenly features and skills, is not married yet? I mean, he's probably over 40 but look at him!! Ladies and gentlemen, look at this guy who has this clear skin, white-pale skin, probably over 190 cm in height and have this toned muscular and fitted body. 

ugh. I'm fawning. 

I was startled on where I am sitting when Mihawk suddenly looked back on my direction with a smug look on his face. He probably felt my stares on him. "Don't get cocky. I just find you annoying while wearing that apron." I uttered only to earn another smug look from him. I blew a fuse. "This rascal.." 

I stopped. I gave my temple a massage to please myself to prolong my patience on him. Gosh, I should really rethink my life decision, on why did I even consider living with him. 

'You'll be my death, Mihawk.' 

**

I woke up after feeling the continuous tap on my shoulder. I didn't realized that I had fallen asleep at the kitchen counter. With Mihawk's already done cooking our dinner, he decided to gently wake me up.

"Maze" My breathing stopped abruptly; my name rolling out of his tongue sounds so enthusiastic. I almost melted.

"Oh" I smiled. "Sorry, I fell asleep."

"Let's eat. Come with me. Dinners ready at the dinning hall." He said then walked away. I hopped on my chair and tail him like a lost puppy since I don't know where the dinning hall is.

I wasn't aware that Mihawk already lit up the candle in every corner of the castle. My heart skipped a bit knowing that he rarely ignite every candle he had in this castle but knowing that I'm scared of gloomy and dark area... Perhaps, made him do this.

"Thanks for the food!" I silently mumbled before eating. My eyes imaginably turned into star-like iris as I tasted the curry. My tongue savors every bit of the sauce, meat and vegetables inside my mouth. HEAVEN! I only knew that he could cook but never imagined that he could be this good! I can imagine that he's almost good as the chef's in Baratie. 

I made a quick glance on Mihawk telling him that I loved the food he made. He gave me a smile before lifting his wine glass to cover up his widening smile. I smiled.