Chapter 8

"Cheers! Ace and Maze will join us!!!!" Luffy shouted while lifting his glass of beer. We just finished our introduction. I told them that I'll be joining them until I satisfy myself. Although the crew wasn't contented with my response, they respected their captain's decision of letting me come along. 

"Here's your drink, mademoiselle." Sanji hand me a drink with a heart shaped iris on his eyes. I chuckled. Mihawk will surely gag about this. 

"Thank you, Sanji-kun."  

I shifted my gaze on my right when I felt Zoro's presence coming. I gave him a small smile before tapping the side of my chair so he could seat beside. 

"What's your relationship with Hawkeyes?" He asked aloud. The crew as well as Ace, stopped drinking and immediately turned their gaze on us. I pinched the bridge of my nose to prolong my patience before I send this young man flying. How dare he reveal me like that! "Ah, was it supposed to be secret?" He asked, adding a fuel to my secret rage. 

"Y-You mean.. the MIHAWK? THE DRACULE MIHAWK? THE HAWKEYES?!!" Nami asked, surprised. 

"Wait, isn't he a warlord?" Ace added. 

"Oh yeah, Sanji! Did you forgot about her? She's with Hawkeyes when he came to destroy Krieg Pirate's ship!" Luffy told Sanji. 

"Ah, oh! Her! I didn't recognized her since her hood was covering his facial features that time." 

I sighed. "Look, calm down. Mihawk and I were friends. I'm also a swordsman that's why we get along." I told them. It's not like we're officially lovers, right? Yes, we kissed but maybe that happened because of our hormones! I am genuine and honest with my feelings to him, it's just.. you know, I don't know about him. I don't want to expect, okay? 

"Warlord?" I heard Chopper's cute voice beside me. He's currently sitting on my left as Zoro took the right side. "What is that, Maze-san?" My heart melted with his question. 

"Hmm, a warlord were a selection of seven powerful and notorious pirates allied to the World Government. Collectively, they constituted one of the Three Great Powers that kept the world in balance. To simply put it in words, they're pardoned in exchange of maintaining the balance in the world." I answered him. 

"Balance?" 

I gave the crew a very meaningful look after Chopper asked about the balance. In just a matter of time, that balance will fall in despair and no man in this world could foresee what will happen to their destiny. 

"It's something.. you shouldn't know for now." I poked his blue nose before giving him a small smile. "There are some things in this world you could only know by the right time." 

"You're speaking as if you knew something." I heard Ace mumbled. It's been months since the last time I heard this phrases, hmm? "You know something." This time, it isn't a question. More like.. a statement. 

"Who knows? Maybe I know things, maybe I don't. But it doesn't really matter." 

"Why.. it doesn't matter?" Sanji asked, seriously. It caught them off guard since this may be their first time hearing him this serious. 

"Let the time works, kids. For now, focus on what's in front of you. Take one step at a time." I genuinely told them. Which Ace agreed with.