Chapter 9

When it was the time to leave, Chopper cried on my chest. It was also hard for me to leave this cute ball of sunshine but I have to leave early than Ace's departure. I don't want to travel in night because the Navy is on guard at night than daylight here in Alabasta territory. 

"We'll see each other again, Chopper." I gave him a pat on his head before handing him to Zoro. He didn't want to let go of my hold at first but he have to. It breaks my heart knowing that this fur baby got attached on me. Aw, I will surely give him a gift the next time we'll meet.  

"Really?" He asked sobbing. I placed a kiss on his head so he could ease up. 

"Of course, kid. I'm sure, we'll meet again." I meaningfully said. Then I glanced on Luffy, who's now pouting like a child, with his arms crossed on his chest, sending me a glare of disappointment. "Come on Luffy, I told you I really can't join your crew but I promised to join you in your journey if I have time, right?" I tried to convinced him. 

Luckily, Zoro and Sanji helped me convinced him too and it worked. Ace also helped, it sure takes a lot to change his mind but I'm happy that he finally gave up recruiting me. 

"So you're off to check this information about Teach to someone named Scorpion, was it?" I confirmed and Ace nodded. I sighed, knowing that this information was fake. Well, just let them be. "uhm, I wished you all the best, especially you, Ace. Good luck on your journey guys!" 

I gave them a nod of goodbye before handing Luffy a piece of my vivre card. "Don't ask." I said before Luffy could ruin the moment. "That piece of paper will surely brought us together soon." and then with a blink of an eye, I disappeared on their eyesight. 

'Good luck, Luffy... Ace."

**

I arrived at the castle after 3 days. It was so tiring to be honest but it was worth it as I've actually accomplished my goal which was to meet Luffy and his crew, have a talk with Ace and join them to get to know them, personally. 

A strong pair of arms were wrapped around my shoulder after entering the castle. I didn't bother to ask who it was since I'm already familiar with his manly scent. The scent of him entering my system got me addicted. I rested my head on his shoulder and let us have the moment. We remained standing, hugging each other affectionally. The only noise you could hear around us was the sound of the chirping birds and humming humandrills, aside from that, I can tell that it's peaceful. 

"How's your trip?" He asked, kissing the top of my head after. "Let's go to the fireplace, it's a bit cold here." He said before guiding me towards the place. Both of us rested ourselves in the soft carpet on the floor. I leaned myself on his chest while he snaked his arms around my waist. 

I started blurting out things, on what happened on my first day up to the last. I told him that I've met the egg I've been telling him, Luffy. I also told him about Zoro's improvement and his dedication, he's really set to defeat him someday which made him chuckle. 

"Hey, don't belittle that guy" I scolded him. After their time skip, Zoro will be surely become more powerful but still not enough to take him down. Maybe after Wano or the Gigantic War, after gaining experiences? I don't know. I don't want to lead destiny. 

"I'm not. I'm just surprised on how you view those kids." He said, leaning his chin on the top of my head.