Chapter 16 Part 1

"Do you really have to go?" Alec whined. I'm currently packing my suitcase to go to Atlanta for Christmas break. I'm almost done but I have to pack heavy coats, Atlanta is freezing right now. Christmas break started today and tomorrow morning at 5 my mom, little brother and I are flying to Atlanta.

"You'll be alright," I pinched his cheek with my left hand and threw panties in the zip part of my suitcase with my right.

"It's not fair!" He whined making me laugh.

"Alec! You're going to Bora Bora! Talk about fairness," I jokingly scoffed. He wrapped his arms around my waist and put his chin in the nape of my neck making me jerk, because I'm really ticklish there.

I laughed out loud and touched his cheek. "Tasha is going with us too!"

"That's because her dad is stationed in Iraq right now and her mom is in Brazil with her boyfriend and you know Tasha hates him. So her mom gave her money to go with y'all," I explained.

"But I thought her parents are married?"

"They are," her mom is basically a hoe (her words not mine).

"And I also thought Theo bought her ticket," he asked.

"He did, he refused to let her buy the ticket so I guess that's her spending money," I pulled Alex onto my bed because my back started to hurt. I laid there with my head on his chest and our legs tangled.

"I'll buy you the ticket if you just come!" Alec whispered in my ear and I groaned.

"It's too late! Plus I miss my family and that ticket is too expensive! I don't know how Theo did, must've cost a lot,"

"No it's not and Theo and I unofficially own a beach shop in Miami." He explained. I sat up and stared at him with wide eyes.

"Wait what?" He went on to explain how his dad made a deal with Theo and him freshman year regarding their grades- if they passed with A/B honor roll he'd buy a surf shop that was on the verge of shutting down and put it in their name officially when they turn eighteen. So in a few months they'll turn eighteen and the shop will be all theirs. With the help of their sister, Meredith who has her degree in Business Management, they run a small but successful business.

"Wow," I dragged it out. "So you never have to work?"

"Of course I work but my dad covers most stuff. But once Theo and I graduate college we'll definitely have that shop and try to expand it but enough about our store! I'm going to miss you," he pulled my back onto the bed so that I was laying on my back. He hovered over me and slowly lowered his lips to mine. My hands automatically grabbed his head as we added tongue and my fingers became tangled in his silky hair, he flipped us so that I was straddling him and his strong hands grabbed my hips. I softly moaned and aggressively kissed him.

"Laila and Alec are you guys-" my mom barged into my room. We quickly released each other and moved three feet away, panting.

My mom stared then rolled her eyes, "Lord, what'd I tell her? What'd I tell her bout them damn bunnies?" She walked away and I started laughing leaving Alec confused.

"What's so funny?" He asked and I told him nothing. I led him downstairs so we can eat the dinner my mom made. Mom already shared out our plates and put them on the table.

"Chicken Parmesan," I moaned out as I saw my special plate. My mom and little brother sat down with us after we all washed our hands and said grace.

***

"Laila wake up!" My little brother groggily said. He rubbed his eyes and climbed into bed with me. We cuddled until my mom shook us to wake up.

"Y'all got ten minutes until we leave the house," she told us softly. I looked at my I-Home and it read 3:50. My mom took Zachary into his room so I could get ready.