Chapter 4

"Morning" someone yelled in my ear while I was trying to sleep.

"What the fuck?" I yelled jumping off the bed, ready to fight. I was in defense mode. A deep laugh made me roll my eyes.

"Lance what you want? And why the hell are you here?" I asked getting annoyed, going back into my bed. He climbed in and went under the sheets with me. We used to do this as kids and we'd just talk about the future. But as kids we think everything is a Disney movie and everything happened the way we dreamt of.

"What going on with you?" Lance asked. "It's 10:45 and your not in school" once he said that I jumped up and looked at the time and sure enough it was 25 minutes till lunch. I groaned and jumped in the shower cleaning the important parts and threw on the outfit my dad bought yesterday cause it was the fastest thing I could find. I took out the flexi-rods I put in after my dad and his bitch left.

"Drop me off" I told Lance while grabbing my phone off the charger.

My mom already left for work so I just locked up behind us. I can not believe she didn't wake me up.

"Can we get McDonald's before you sign me in. It's my lunch time anyways" I asked once I saw an approach an McDonald restaurant.

Lance smacked his lips, "see I told you when you see something not to ask fo it cause ion got money for your hungry ass" he told me in a ghetto voice while patting his curly high top fade.

"Man. See this why ion give you my goods. You a good fo nothing, type of sister" I said making my voice deep to sound like a man. We burst out laughing. I've missed my brother, he stayed in Atlanta. He enrolled in Kennesaw State University before we moved and he decided to stay in Georgia.

"How's KSU?" I asked once he got me five McChicken's and three medium fries and a large Sprite. We were approaching my school.

"Good. I'm just adjusting to being independent. Dad bought me this car as another guilt present" he laughed. Our dad knew he was wrong for doing our mom like that so he thinks buying us stuff is going to make us forgive him but we just want him to understand us and our moms feelings.

"Yeah he bought me this outfit. I was so glad to get the Oreo's man" we laughed together and he parked in the schools parking lot and turned his car off to sign me in. He's 20 and he's on my registration paper as a trusted person so he can sign me in.

After signing me in he kissed my forehead, "alright lil bit. See you at home. Love you"

"Love you too!" I shouted as he walked away and headed to the cafeteria. When I got there I found Alec and his crew sitting at there table, laughing. Alec looked like something was bothering him so I snuck up on him.

"Playboy" I yelled in his ear making him jump almost knocking my food out my hand. I laughed and sat next to him and took out my food and laid it on the McDonalds bag and started munching. I saw a hand reach for one of my sandwiches. I shrugged and finished three McChickens before letting the scavengers take my food.

"Can we talk?" Alec whispered in my ear. I nodded and we told his friends we'd see them later.

"Wassup" I asked once we were in the hallway.

"Where we you in first, second and third. I was lonely" he asked me, blushing when he realized he just said that he missed me.

Laughing I told him something happened at home last night and I overslept.

"Wanna hang out today" he asked me.

"Sure, time bad place?"

"Around 7 and Atlantis. It's a skating rink"